WhatsApp is undoubtedly a pretty amazing messaging app. And it is no wrong in saying that it has become a lifeline for many people. As WhatsApp is indeed used by over 1.2 billion people worldwide and 200 million in India alone. Which means that WhatsApp is probably one of the first apps that people download when they get a new smartphone.
But even though WhatsApp is the first choice for millions of people across the world it still has his own little quirks. And one such bummer of WhatsApp which rubs people off is the “Auto Save” feature. As according to this feature by default WhatsApp download and stores every picture, videos, audio files, documents, recording, and even GIF files which are sent and received within the application.
Because of which this feature turns to be a complete nuisance for a number of people. As it not only clutter your phone’s gallery with unwanted files but also takes up a lot of your storage space and even data.
So, if you are fed up with WhatsApp’s “Auto Save” feature. And want a simple solution to stop WhatsApp from automatically downloading any multimedia files or documents on your Android device. Then simply follow the steps mentioned below.
How To Stop WhatsApp From Saving Photos On Android:
- Install and open Whatsapp.
- Make sure that you are on the main screen lists of ongoing conversations.
- Tap on the three dots from the top right corner.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Now Go To “Data and storage usage”.
- Under “Media auto-download” you will see three sub-categories: When using mobile data, When connected on Wi-Fi, When roaming.
- On all three categories, you can tap and select from a series of check-boxes which says: Photos, Audios, Videos, Documents. From the checkbox, you need to select the file type you want to allow for that connection type.
- If you have selected none from each category then it will show “No Media” which means your “Auto Save” is off from all connection types.
Note: Voice messages are always automatically downloaded for the best communication experience.