Privacy is the biggest concern in today’s day and age. And we are a generation who displays their whole life on social media, privacy has been in question on a large scale. Therefore it is very necessary for us to make sure we keep our things private.
Hence the thing that comes handy is the Private Account feature of Instagram. The biggest stone on the pro-side of the scale for making your profile private is, naturally, privacy. This is especially important if you make use of the geo-tagging feature — which is marking a photo you’ve taken with a specific location — on your mobile phone.
With a public profile, someone could not only discover numerous details about your life, but also a pattern of where you are at various times. If you have children who use Instagram, it’s also a protection for them against online predators.
So here in this tutorial, we will help you out by showing you how in a few easy steps you can make your account private.
How to Make Your Instagram Account Private:
- Go to the Google Play store.
- Search for Instagram and download it or you can download it from here.
- Open the app and make an account or open your already existing account.
- Go to settings. It’s in the end row right side of your profile.
- Open settings and there comes an option of “Private Account”.
- Enable the option and now your account is private.
Other Features of the Instagram App that You Can Use are:
- Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
- Browse photos and videos from people you follow in your feed. Interact with posts you care about with likes and comments.
- Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text, drawing tools, and other creative effects. They disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in a feed.
- Go live to connect with your friends at the moment. Try going live with a friend and sharing a replay to your story when you’re done.
- Message your friends privately in Direct. Send them photos and videos that disappear and share content you see on Instagram.
- Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
Discover photos, videos, and stories you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
Account privacy is an issue that should be taken very seriously, with so many stalkers/hacker and identity theft situations taking place on a day to day basis. It’s important to be secured and safe.
- 6 Best Instagram Story Editor Apps For Android
- How to Ask Questions on Instagram stories using a question sticker