Amongst other social media platforms, I find Snapchat the most interesting. It was the torch-bearer of disappearing media and its Snap Score feature got much more curious. There are so many features that might be confusing at first but you’ll get used to it. Today, I’ll be telling you how the Snap scores work. Let’s get going!
What is a Snap Score
Let’s understand what a Snap Score is. It is a special number of Snaps that you have sent and received, the stories you’ve posted, and other factors. In a nutshell, your Snapchat score reflects how active you are! Also, Snap Scores isn’t real money, just for your kind information.
How do Snap Scores work
Snapchat’s website explains how do snap scores work: “Your Snapchat score is determined by a super-secret special equation that combines the number of Snaps you’ve sent and received, the Stories you’ve posted, and a couple of other factors.”
- As I mentioned, you receive 1 point for sending a snap and opening a snap, each. There aren’t any points given for chatting on Snapchat.
- You’ll also earn 1 point for uploading a snap to your story. Regrettably, no points are rewarded if you watch a story.
- Extra points that will be added to your Snapchat might take some time to reflect.
- The inactive Snapchat account won’t receive any points but once you post your first snap after the break, you’ll earn 6 points.
- Sending the same snap yo 8 different people will fetch you 8 points along with 1 point for sending the snap itself.
- Keep in mind that the total of your Snap Score calculated by Snapchat might be than what you’ve got. This depends on how Snapchat may give you points.
- To increase your Snap Score, you need to keep snapping! Be active on Snapchat and keep posting.
- Another way to enhance your score is by adding celebrity accounts. You can use their accounts to elevate your Snap Scores.
- Although they won’t see or reply to your snaps, sending celebrities your snaps will earn you 1 point. That’s not much but at least you won’t irk your folks.
How to find your Snapchat Score
Step 1: Launch Snapchat and go to your received Snaps page.
Step 2: You’ll see ‘Snapchat’ written on the header. Tap on it. You can also go on the Snapchat camera screen and swipe down.
Step 3: The same header will now display two different numbers.
Step 4: The number on the left side represents the total Snaps you’ve sent, while the number on the right shows how many Snaps you’ve gotten.
Step 5: Go to your profile page to see your total Snapchat Score. Tap on the white ghost image to access the profile page.
Step 6: You can now see your total Snapchat score.
How do snap scores work?
According to Snapchat, your Snapchat score depends on the number of snaps sent and received. Users earn 1 point for sending a snap and 1 point for viewing a snap. Unfortunately, no points are given for viewing Snapchat Stories.
Can Snapchat score go up on its own?
No, Snapchat scores don’t go up on its own. If you aren’t active on Snapchat for a long time, you’ll earn 6 points for your first snap.
How is the Snapchat score calculated?
Snapchat’s website clearly states that Snapchat score is the sum total of snaps sent and received. That means, every time you send or receive a snap, you earn 1 point. You don’t receive scores for chats or for viewing Snapchat Stories.
Can Snapchat see my snaps?
Snapchat clearly states that your snaps can only be seen by the sender and the recipient that too for a short period of time. Snapchat employees can’t view your snaps or any content shared in the app. There’s an exception: Some employees might be able to access your unopened snaps before they vanish after a period of 30 days.
It isn’t difficult to understand how do snap scores work. However, the system could get complicated. If you calculate the total of snaps that you’ve sent and received on an individual level, your Snap score will be different from what Snapchat shows. Many users have witnessed this issue and at the moment, there doesn’t seem to be any solution.