Americengagingtional retail corporation Walmart revealed two new engrossing experiences on the metaverse platform Roblox. The firm hopes to regale its shoppers and the next generation of content consumers.
Named ‘Walmart Land’ and ‘Walmart’s Universe of Play,’ their core target ages are from 17.
These two “realms” suggest that Walmart is testing virtual worlds to try and connect to this market.
Justin Breton, brand experiences and strategic partnerships director for Walmart, said in an interview with MarTech, “It’s about meeting customers where they are online. We wanted to show up in a virtual sense in a way that is authentic to the audience on Roblox. Our conversations with Roblox were insightful, and we aligned a perfect storm of discovery. This is an opportunity to show where consumers 17 to 24 actively are, represent our brand, and get them to think about Wt differently.”
This video of Walmart's chief marketing officer on a stage in Roblox talking about its new "Walmart Land" experience is one of the saddest videos ever created. pic.twitter.com/HtIIToShKs
— Zack Zwiezen (@ZwiezenZ) September 26, 2022
Mintoyintoybuyinguld say that these worlds are just to lure children to buy more toys, and the following might corroborate that:
Toys in Walmart’s Universe of Play include (Courtesy: Walmart) –
- Immersive games: Users can dive into five new games that offer experiences featuring products and characters from L.O.L. Surprise!, Jurassic World, Paw Patrol, Magic Mixies, and Razor Scooters.
- Sought-after rewards: Users will get the opportunity to try and collect as many virtual toys as they can to earn coins redeemable for their avatar verch. Toys will hang all around, and a Walmart blimp will regularly drop toys throughout the experience.
- Virtual adventures: Universe of Play will also feature e-mobility items like hoverboards, which an avatar can use to travel through the universe faster. Users will encounter a Sharper Image drone that helps them discover the hottest toy world of the season.
Walmart Land will debut with three extensive experiences, especially keeping in mind the next generation of customers –
- Electric Fest: New in October, users can jump back into Electric Island for ‘Electric Fest,’ a motion-capture concert celebration featuring performances from famous artists such as Madison Beer, Kane Brown, and YUNGBLUD.
- Electric Island: Inspired by the world’s greatest music festivals, Electric Island includes an interactive piano walkway, a dance challenge, a Netflix trivia experience featuring Noah Schnapp, and a DJ booth where users can learn to mix different beats.
- House of Style: Featuring a virtual dressing room, a strike-a-pose challenge, a big cosmetics obstacle course (Bobby), and a roller-skating rink, House of Style will offer products from af94, UOMA by Sharon C., ITK by Brooklyn & Bailey, Lottie London, Bubble and more.