Nobody wants to lose their website visitors. But not all visitors enjoy their stay on your website, and they press the back button. There could be many reasons behind this user’s behaviour. Are you one of such webmaster who is dealing with the high bounce rate issue and looking for ways to fix it? Well, then this article is for you. In this article and we will be sharing some of the top Ways to Fix Your Website’s High Bounce Rate.
Most people believe that bounce rate is normal a normal thing and it cannot be reduced. They give an excuse that this is common in their niche. However, it is not good to have a high bounce rate for the success of your website. Even Google give less priority to websites that are having high bounce rate. So, if you are facing the issue of high bounce rate, then this piece of content is surely going to help you out. So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much time.
7 Quick Ways to Fix Your Website’s High Bounce Rate
1. Poor Website Design
Once in your life you probably have heard the sentence that says “First impression is the last impression” and undoubtedly it is. If your website does not have an attractive look, then you are losing your valuable visitors. Website user interface matters quite a lot. However, if you are wondering how you can make your website look attractive? Then there are some of the tips you can follow:
- If you are a WordPress user, then make sure you are avoiding free themes and going with premium themes as premium themes allow you to customize your website in many ways. So it will help you to give a better look at your site.
- Make sure the navigation bar is easy to access.
- Make sure your website fonts are easy to read, and it is big enough. So your readers can read your posts without struggling.
Are you using ads on your website? If yes, then what type of ads are you using? Are the ads placed nicely on your site? Well, no one likes too much of ads so make sure you are not using many ads on your website. Also, if you are using popup ads on your site, it is time you should remove them. As you know, people hate the popup ads and just in case if you are using popup ads, then your visitor might leave your site without reading the complete article. Even Google has confirmed in on their blog, that they will punish the sites using big popups on mobile devices.
3. Content is the king
You probably have heard this sentence that says Content is the king, and definitely, it is. You cannot deny the fact that the content plays the significant role when it comes to growing a website. If the content of your site is not engaging and fails to satisfy a visitor, you will experience high bounce rate. So to reduce the bounce rate of your website you have to take the content very seriously.
In case if you are wondering how content can help you to reduce your high bounce rate, here are some of the tips that you can follow to reduce the high bounce rate.
- Write longer contents. Long content doesn’t mean you can write anything. It does mean that you cover every bit of details about the topic in your article. Long content will help you to hold the visitor on your website for a more extended period and enables you to reduce the bounce rate.
- Write interesting contents. Well, do not just focus on writing a long article but try to make it enjoyable as well. This way your visitors will be glued to your article.
- Use infographics to make your content more interesting.
- Interlink your other relevant pages. For example, if you are writing an article on “how to make a blog” then link out to the pages relevant pages, i.e. “How to install WordPress?”, “How to change a WordPress theme?”, “How to install a CDN?” etc. This way you can give your visitors a reason to visit your different pages and help you to reduce the high bounce rate.
- SEO Copywriting: How to Write Quality Content on Your Website.
- Adding Maximum Value To Your Content.
- Top Factors To Consider While Creating A Brand Voice
4. Don’t just write for search engines
Well, if you are writing articles just to please search engines then you are likely to experience high bounce rate on your website.
It is highly advisable that you should keep search engines as well your readers in mind while writing an article.
If you have written an article keeping only search engine in mind and have added the keywords wisely but if your article doesn’t provide enough information on the topic, then the visitor will not take a second to click on the back button. So. it is advisable to write contents that satisfy both the search engine and the readers. Share the exact info that your website visitor is looking for. This way your visitor will be glued to your website and help you to reduce the bounce rate of your site.
5. Missing pages
If your website has quite a lot of missing pages, then it is normal to have a high bounce rate. As if someone visits your site via search engines and gets to see the 404 Error, then it is normal that the visitor will leave your website immediately and as a result, you will face a high bounce rate.
So it is advisable to check out for the missing pages and fix them immediately. To identify the missing pages, you can take a help of Google’s Webmaster tool.
6. Check For Backlinks
Well, backlinks can too cause a high bounce rate.
To make you understand in a better way let’s simplify it.
Take this scenario; your website has got a backlink from a site, and the site is sending traffic to you your website through that link but if your website and the site your website received a backlink from, talks about two different topics.
In this case, the visitors that you will be getting from the other website will not be interested in your content, since it is not relevant to them, and as a result, they will leave your site and causing a high bounce rate.
So it is advisable to check your website’s referral traffic source. You can monitor the referral traffic from Google Analytics and check for the backlinks from the Ahrefs. However Ahrefs is a paid tool, you can also get a trial of the tool for seven days. All you have to do is purchase the Ahref’s trial plan that costs $7 for seven days.
7. One Page Website
Well, most of the websites suffer because of having a single page. Many affiliate marketers make a separate page website just to promote a unique product. Hence the website visitor does not get the chance to look into the other pages of the site, and as a result, the website faces high bounce rate issue. Just in case if your website also has a single page then considering adding a few more pages. For example, if you are promoting a single product then you can just make another page that talks about the product’s features and specifications or may compare with other similar products in the market. You can also add one more page that includes customer reviews and so on. Make sure; you link to all the pages together so the website visitor can quickly travel through all the pages. This way your visitors will help you to reduce your website’s bounce rate.
Website speed plays a significant role in fixing the bounce rate. People love to surf websites that are fast to load. As per the study published on Kissmetrics, 40% people leave a site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. To speed up your website, the first thing you should do is to choose a good web hosting provider. All primary web hosting providers take server speed on priority because they know how important the server speed is to a website’s success. So always choose a web hosting provider that is known for offering stable and high-performance web hosting services.
- Modern SEO: Best SEO Practices
- 5 Best Free Keyword Research Tools for SEO
- 8 Effective SEO Techniques That You Can not Ignore
- 4 Proven Techniques To Drive Huge Traffic To Your Blog Without SEO
So that was all for the “7 Quick Ways to Fix Your Website’s High Bounce Rate”. By following the tips mentioned above, you will be able to reduce your website’s bounce rate. Just in case if you have any questions regarding the fixes, feel free to ask them in comments. Any feedback and suggestions are also welcome.