You need to delete your old Aadhaar app if you are still using it as the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a new version of the Aadhaar app that is much more secure than the older version of the app. You can download the new mAadhaar app on both Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store. The app allows users to get access to all Aadhaar related services such as offline eKYC, Share Aadhaar via QR Code, change address, etc on their smartphones.
With this app, users can now carry the soft copy of the Aadhaar card and can leave the original physical copy at home. The app weighs 51MB on the Play Store and it requires smartphones running on Android 5.0 Lollipop and above. Moreover, the app weighs 34.9MB on the App Store and it can run on iPhones and iPads running on iOS 10 or above.
Key features of the new mAadhaar app:
- The new mAadhaar app features support for a total of 13 languages.
- Those who want to use the new mAadhaar app will require to register their Aadhaar Profile in the app to avail personalized Aadhaar services.
- Users can also download Aadhaar, order a reprint, update their address, download offline eKYC, show or scan QR code, verify their Aadhaar, verify their email, retrieve their UID/EID, or request for an address validation letter using the mAadhaar app.
- Users can also generate a Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
- The app can hold Aadhaar details of up to three profiles that have been registered using the same mobile number.