Security Ninja Review : Protect Your WordPress Site
Hey there ! My name is Sam. I started a new website and decided to blog about beneficial SEO tips & tricks in posts. At the first stage, it was really hard to attract new people towards my blog. I struggled a lot and somehow reached 100 visitors a day. Then I noted some patterns and habits of the visitors and started emphasizing the post quality. Under 3 months my blog became famous with more than 600 visitors a day. I was really happy until my business went belly up due to an unfortunate hack 🙁 I tried contacting my host, but they didn’t help me.
90% of Bloggers make the same mistake as Sam. Newbies mostly underestimate the consequences and that’s why they have to join the chain of victims. WordPress has become the biggest blogging platform with amazing themes and plugins (looks and features). There are many popular websites which are built and maintained on WordPress.
With this tremendous growth in web development using WordPress there is also a huge growth in the security breach of WordPress. There are many hackers and intruders sitting behind the white side of the world to you to hack your content either for profit or just for practice.
Hackers inherently trust no one, including each other – Mr. Robot
Even Google has been hacked several times. Be it a private pictures or messages, Usernames or passwords, Bank account details or secret governmental data – The hackers have made it all the way possible to drudge it at every little niche. You might be thinking that what it has to do with my dainty little blog… Don’t worry that’s the usual human behavior.
But there’s a way out for this situation if you’re reading this blog post. In this post, I’m going to review Security Ninja WordPress plugin and I will provide some reasons for it to be the best fit for WordPress beginners and pros. This plugin, on the other hand, creates a huge firewall around your site which any intruder can hardly break.
Security Ninja WordPress Plugin
Well, you might have heard about Ninjas if you enjoyed your childhood. Security Ninja is an easy-to-use WordPress plugin primarily made to deal with the security issues of WordPress. Furthermore, the plugin is shielding more than thousands of websites with its automated and extensive features for 3 years.
Also, the Ninjas are really eager beaver for their work. And thus, the Security Ninja provides more than 40 security tests to get the comprehensive overview of your site’s security.
The plugin was sold more than three thousand times on Codecanyon. And, the Good news is that the plugin is now available for free on WordPress Plugin repo ! But it shows its ultimate ability only after the installation of its premium extensions. If you wish to try the plugin and its extensions, you are free to try it here.
90% of the users rated it 5/5 average based on 450+ ratings. That’s something amazing because the plugin is user-friendly and the people really liked it. Frankly speaking, if you have Security Ninja installed on your site, there is a no way of getting hacked.
There are many WordPress issues arises when we install themes and plugins. The updates of the themes and plugins become important to maintain the site security and firewall. Security Ninja is coded to run each and every single test to keep your site secure and stone-hard.
For installing the Security Ninja, follow up the usual routine.
- Open WordPress admin, go to Plugins, click Add New
- Enter “Security Ninja” in search and hit Enter
- The plugin will show up as the first on the list, click “Install Now”. The plugin thumbnail must have the ninja like above.
- Activate & go to Tools – Security Ninja to make your site more secure
The Security Ninja starts its work automatically after the successful installation and activation of the plugin. The person with a zero technical knowledge can easily deal with the Security Ninja WordPress plugin. All you have to do is just click on few buttons which will do 40+ security tests for you without writing a single line of code. The plugin maintains the WordPress updates and never mess with other plugins in your WordPress site.
It takes less than a minute for Security Ninja to perform the scan and showing the result in an authentic way with the name of vulnerabilities and detailed explanation for solving the same. Security Ninja shows the results using green (passed) and red (failed) badges. Always think twice before underestimating these results if you want to maintain your site’s security. If you are going to make changes according to the results of Security Ninja, don’t forget to backup your files and database.
This plugin, on the other hand, will not edit or delete your core WordPress files, so you don’t have to worry about it. WordPress has many happy users who have guarded their sites with Security Ninja. This Loyal Ninja maintains your site’s safety and prevents it from getting hacked.
Remote Access feature of Security Ninja enables you to control Security Ninja related function on multiple sites from one centralized location using Security Ninja Dashboard plugin. Instead of having to log in to multiple WordPress sites you can easily monitor, guard and maintain them from a single location. This feature helps you to save your precious time for logging into all of your sites at once. Sharing your Remote access credentials may not be wise depending on the circumstances as it is the key to everything.
What Security Ninja can do for you ?
- Perform 40+ security tests including brute-force attacks.
- Check your site for security vulnerabilities and holes.
- Take preventive measures against attacks.
- Don’t let script kiddies hack your site.
- Prevent 0-day exploit attacks.
- Use included code snippets for quick fixes.
- Add-ons available for adding extra protection.
- Extensive help and descriptions of tests included.
- Fast and professional support.
The best thing about Security Ninja is that it doesn’t show any extraordinary customization which runs over the user’s head. Every explanation is easy to understand for a layman. Furthermore, it maintains the average website speed. You may experience a slight slow down while tests are being run but that takes less than a minute.
Here’s one of the customer’s reviews regarding the working of Security Ninja.
This is a must-have plugin for each website administrator or developer. It saves me a lot of time to make my site safe. Great help guidance and very well documented. Very fast support. You get a basically safety with this tool for your WordPress website. Excellent work!
As I’ve said that the extensions (Add-ons) are the hands of the plugin. There are four different extensions available for Security Ninja which should be installed with the plugin for obtaining the optimal results (Recommended by the developer).
1. Core Scanner add-on
This add-on helps to scan the core WordPress files and thus keeps the eye on your WordPress installations. If anything goes wrong in your WordPress files like wpconfig.php (the most important WordPress file) this plugin keeps an ability to fix it in one click. Key features of the add-on are mentioned below.
- Scan WP core files with one click.
- Quickly identify problematic files.
- Restore modified files with one click.
- Great for removing exploits and fixing accidental file edits/deletes.
- View files’ source to take a closer look.
- Fix broken WP auto-updates.
2. Malware Scanner add-on
This add-on helps to scan Malware on your WordPress site and displays an option to “Delete” or “whitelist” the file. You can access all these features just from your Security Ninja dashboard. The key features of the add-on are mentioned below.
- Scan all (active and disabled) theme files.
- Scan all (active and disabled) plugin files.
- Scan all files uploaded to wp-content folder.
- Scan options DB table.
- Whitelist files that you have inspected and know are safe.
- Delete files that you are sure have no place in your WP folders.
3. Scheduled Scanner add-on
Similarly, using this add-on you can schedule the scans and get the reports of new scans via email. This is the best feature about the Security Ninja which helps users to get notified about all the results of scans. Below are some of the key features of Schedule scanner add-on.
- Get alerted when your site is hacked.
- Compatible with both Security Ninja & Core Scanner add-on.
- Extremely easy to setup – set once and forget.
- Optional email reports – get them after every scan or only after changes occur on your site.
- Detailed, color-coded scan log.
4. Events Logger add-on
This amazing add-on helps you to monitor everything that happens on your WordPress site. From user actions, to post edits and widget changes Events Logger add-on keeps eye on everything going on your WordPress blog. Unlike others, this addon has really amazing key features.
- Monitor, track and log more than 50 events on the site in great detail.
- Know what happened on the site at any time, in the admin and on the frontend.
- Prevent “I didn’t do it” conversations with clients – Events Logger doesn’t forget or lie.
- Easily filter trough events.
- Know exactly when and how an action happened, and who did it.
- Receive email alerts for selected groups of events.
These 4 add-ons must be installed to make Security Ninja work like a premium plugin. All this add-ons will give your site extra-protection from hackers and non-hacker communities.
- Security Ninja works great with all the plugins except security related plugins like WordFence.
- It works smoothly with all the WordPress themes.
If you liked this review don’t forget to share the word with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.