Monsoon diet plans to stay healthy
With the monsoon season, it’s a good time to think about rejuvenating your Health and well-being. After the last several months of dry hot weather (April-May-June), The Vãt element has been accumulating in our bodies; so following Vat pacifying diet will help bring the body back into the balance.According to Ayurveda , our digestion power is weaker during this time, so it’s best to eat Light, easily digestive foods!
Give your body the chance to rejuvenate and revitalise itself by following these simple diet tips during the Monsoon season.
- Have lots of warm beverages and easily digestible foods cooked using healthy methods such as tandoori/grilled, steamed, baked or boiled.
- Use a small amount of fats like olive and sunflower oils or Ghee along with spices like Garlic, Ginger, Pepper, Turmeric, Asafoetida(Hing), Jeera, Coriander – To enhance poor digestion!
- Avoid eating “Street Food” and “raw salads” and”leafy vegetables” as the rains and humidity create the perfect conditions for foodborne illness and pathogenic bacteria.
- When the digestion is weakened, try to avoid heavy deep fried or richly sauced meals because this will result in accumulation of ‘Ama’ (undigested toxic materials) in the body, leading to disease and poor health.
- Aim to have balanced meals with all the six tastes ( Sweet, Sour, Salty, Pungent, Bitter, and Astringent) with a bit more emphasis on the Pungent, Sour, sweet tastes!
- Avoid dry, cold, fermented or heavy foods like Popcorn, Curd, cheese and alcohol as much as possible!
Liked this Post ? If yes then share this Monsoon diet plan with your friends on facebook and twitter and help them to stay healthy during the Monsoon season.
Friends, Follow these simple tips and stay away from the seasonal diseases Naturally 🙂
Enjoy the Rain Enjoy the Monsoon
– Dr. Amit Shukla
( Ayurveda, Medicine, Naturopathy and Yoga Expert)
( Monsoon diet plans to stay healthy )