The most awaited WhatsApp Feature has finally arrived. The company (WhatsApp Inc.) has ultimately launched a separate WhatsApp Business App for Android, enabling the small Business owners to communicate with their customers efficiently.
WhatsApp Business is an Android app which is free to download and was built with the small business owner in mind. With the app, businesses can interact with customers easily by using tools to automate, sort, and quickly respond to messages.
Features of WhatsApp Business App
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
Other features like Payment Gateway, WhatsApp Business for Websites, Payment links are rumoured to be launched.
Currently, the App will remain free to download but as the additional/premium features will be added, WhatsApp will charge for the respective services. The WhatsApp Business App is planned to be a freemium App throughout the time, but the basic features will remain free.