Tips for writing SEO Optimized Blog Posts
If you are a Blogger, then I don’t need to tell you anything about the fierce competition that is prevailing in the Online Market nowadays. The Competition is increasing day by day. SEO is equally important as creating a Quality Content which encourages visitors to engage with the story and also helps to generate leads. You might be already aware of the various methods to build high-quality backlinks such as- Guest Blogging, Blog Commenting and much more.
You Might Like:
In this post, I’ll assist you on how you should write an SEO Optimized Content. If you want to learn some great concepts about SEO-friendly content writing, then you should keep the following tips in your mind.
Things to bear in mind while writing SEO Optimized Blog Posts.
Never forget: Audience is your first priority.
On an average, only 20% of viewers read beyond the Headline or Sub-headline which means the success of your post is entirely dependent on the triumph of your title.
1. Do Research
Research is an essential part of an On-page Optimization. Search Engine Optimization has taken a step ahead by link-building with the help of overwhelming quality content & keywords. However, there are the array of tools & techniques to find relevant keywords that are appropriate for your Blog post. To find keywords that are allied to your subject or topic, there are a variety of tools which assist you to get the relevant keywords such as Google Keyword Planner, semrush.com, keywordtool.io etc. These tools will help you out & even spy on your competition to check what words or phrases they are targeting to bring more traffic to their websites.
- How To Write SEO Articles in 2017 (A Comprehensive Guide)
- How to come up with Blog Post Ideas Your Audience will love.
2. Make use of Relevant Keywords
Always use keywords which are searchable and which completes your blog topic. Once you have selected a couple of relevant and valuable keywords, it’s essential to put them where they’ll have the high impact on readers as well as Search Engine Crawlers for indexing your Content.
Following things should be at a right place, namely:
- URL– For an SEO Friendly URL, you should keep it between 50-80 characters & it should include your targeted keyword phrase.
- Title– The title should be eye-catchy & attracts to read more.
- Body- Body Copy should be sufficiently informative & optimized i.e.- heading and sub-heading (H1, H2, H3…..H6).
- Keyword in URL– Keyword should be included in the URL as it increases the SERP rank.
- Meta tags– Put meta title and meta description in the header to make it easy for robots to index your blog in a particular category.
- Alt tags– Make sure to add a description of the image in the alt tag.
- Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI). You should come up with at least 20 LSI keywords. With this, the content looks natural and also helps you to avoid keyword spamming.
One thing you should know what your keyword Target is & you should come up with at least 20 LSI keywords. Through this way content looks natural, they will automatically adjoin to the Article/Blog & even you might come up with a complete new keywords group Article/Blog.
3. Images should be optimized
If you are writing content for your blog with 1500 words but aren’t adding a single Image then let me tell you, you are just making your readers bored and giving them a chance to leave your site. But we don’t want that. Whenever you upload any images to your blog, be sure to rename the image according to your keywords (file name and alt text). For example, if I have uploaded any image then I would like to rename my image as “Tips for SEO optimized blog posts” rather than “image23.jpg”.
Moreover, if you are using multiple images for your blog, then you should use more relevant keywords & rename them. Next, you should make sure to use a short keyword rich ALT- Tag descriptions to your photos or images.
4. Use Social Media Platforms
Make use of Social Media to wider & broaden the reach of your Blog Post. You must make use of Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other social media sites to generate traffic with potential and revenue generating customers.
There are many free tools available that make it straightforward to publish the link to your most popular blog post on all your social media platforms with just a couple of clicks. Furthermore, you can even schedule your post ahead.
5. Internal linking
When you are writing a Blog, then you should make a habit of putting at least one or two links to your earlier published Article. It does not only retain the reader for a longer time on your blog but also helps in your website credibility and increases SEO rank score.
But there is one thing you must need to make sure when inserting a link to your blog. If you are publishing a Blog post and the Blog heading is like “How to generate traffic on the site” so, another link should be related to “how to increase traffic to web page”. In short, the links should be interrelated.
6. Outgoing Linking
When you are writing an Article which contains almost 2000 words, you’ll get some points. If you have done some research, and you add all the facts and points on your own, then that’s amazing, but if you use an article or excerpts from another blog, then you should reveal it as a resource in the post.
It will help a more than you expect. Readers will try to understand that you want to give them the best and appropriate information by providing the links to resources.
7. Opportunity to subscribe the Blog
Provide Readers with the opportunity to subscribe to your Blog. Provide the RSS or Feed Subscription button and offer the options to readers to subscribe to your Blog Post via e-mail. When the users subscribe your blog, they automatically get instant notification of your latest Blog post. There is no need to check the site periodically for newer posts.
8. Use Specific Category or Niche and tags
There is one of the best things about Blog or Article is How your content is well organised and interconnected. The Category (niche) and tags will take advantage of both the Readers & Search Engine as well. A few Thumb Rules will help you out, and you should keep in your mind:
- Make use of keywords in category and Tags wherever it is possible.
- Do not use more than 12 to 24 Categories.
- Each Post should not belong to more than three categories.
- Tags must not be exactly same as the categories, and the reason behind this is that it confuses the Search Engine crawlers.
Use these following tips and checklist to make sure that your blog is well optimized and SEO friendly. It will help you rank high on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
You might like:
- 7 Changes That Google Wants You To Make in 2017 For Better SEO Ranking
- Adding Maximum Value To Your Content
- 10 Best Free WordPress SEO Tools and Plugins to Rank High on Google
Did you enjoy reading this posts? If, Yes then Please don’t forget to share it on Facebook and Twitter.