Two-dimensional photos have surely become an old trend now. As the latest trend is the 360-degree photo shot which lets you take images in any direction from a single standing position. But if you are still scratching your head wondering what is 360-degree shots? Then it is a series of photographs that get stitch together and let you capture your surrounding in every direction possible. Be it left, right, upside, downside, just anywhere! And the best part you don’t have to move accordingly as you can take shots from a standing position too. Also, 360-degree photos are sure in news right now, as you might have seen them on Facebook, Google Maps or on YouTube videos and they look quite interactive and interesting.
So, if you are an aspiring photographer or a beginner who wants to take 360-degree photos but don’t own a 360-degree camera. Then, don’t lose hope, as you can still take beautiful 360-degree shots with your Android smartphone too. How? By just following the steps mentioned below.
How to take 360-degree photos on Android:
- Open and install Google Street View app.
- Now go to the spot where you want to take your interesting 360-degree photos. Then tap on Create from the bottom right corner.
- Next, you will see an orange dot and a circle on your screen. Now you have to move your smartphone around and guide the circle over the orange dots until an image has been captured.
- Do this same process until 20 or so odd times, till your whole surrounding has been photographed. Now, once you have a good series of photos tap the “tick mark” from the bottom of your screen.
- Now your 360-degree photos will get stitched together and you can save it in the “Private” tab on your phone. The photo is also saved in your phone. (unless you turned this setting off).
Note: Images are snapped automatically when you properly guide the circle over the orange dot. So, you don’t need to press any shutter button.
So, now with the above steps, you know how to take 360-degree photos on your Android smartphone with so much ease. Although the above steps are for the Google Street View apps, there are also a number of other 360-degree camera apps which will serve you the purpose.
So, if you find this article helpful or interesting don’t forget to share it on social media. And do mention your views in the comment box.