There will be some people for whom their Instagram’s overall view will not be of great importance. But there is an equal or even double triple number of people for whom their Instagram’s profile should look as nice as possible. And if you are a constant uploader on Instagram you know that pictures are not just an only option for you to upload. As you can upload a variety of great engaging videos too. But your hard work to make a video sometimes goes in vain as soon as you upload them. Why? Because you might have noticed that while uploading a video you directly don’t get an option to set a thumbnail or cover photo for your video.
[su_note note_color=”#f2f2f2″]Worth Reading: How To Add Countdown Timer On Instagram Stories [/su_note]
Which means the first frame of your video automatically turns out to be your cover photo. Though it would be fine with a majority of people. But are you with the majority? Don’t you want to set the best part of your video as your cover photo which will not only improve the overall look of your Instagram profile but will also make people curious to wait a while and watch your video fully? If yes, then look nowhere else and follow the steps mentioned below which will help you to set a thumbnail for your video on Instagram.
How To Set Video Thumbnail On Instagram:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Click on the add button from the bottom of the screen.
- Now select a video from your gallery that you want to upload on Instagram. Then once your video is selected tap on “Next” from the upper right corner.
- Now you will see three options at the bottom, Filter, Trim, and Cover. Tap on “Cover”.
- Drag the selector over the part of your video that you want to set as your thumbnail. You can do this by moving your finger along the bar and you will see the different stills from your video.
- Once you have selected your thumbnail or cover photo for your video, tap on “Next” from the upper right corner.
- Now write your caption, add hashtags, location or anything and then just tap “Share” and boom your video will get uploaded with your desired thumbnail or cover photo.
Note: Unlike Facebook or Youtube, after you’ve uploaded your video to Instagram, there’s no way to change your video’s cover image or thumbnail. So, choose your cover image wisely and be patient while doing it.
So, with the above steps, you can easily set the thumbnail of your Instagram video which will be of your preference. You can use this method while uploading some hilarious videos by setting the main fun part of your video as the thumbnail. So that more and more people press on your video to see it. Plus it will make your profile feed look more stunning and exciting. So, until Instagram gets a feature which will help you to switch your thumbnail even after uploading, make sure you set the right thumbnail for now. And if you find this article helpful or interesting don’t forget to like, comment, and share.