Ouch! I deleted my newly made presentation mistakenly.
My little brother was playing on my PC, and he deleted my important data.
Well, wait? Are you the one who complains like this?
If yes, then probably you do not know this awesome way to recover your data, and even if you know, you are pretty confused about it.
In either case, I will do the needful. In this post, I will be sharing a super awesome way to recover your accidentally deleted files on your Windows PC.
But before we proceed, read how to use greenify donation apk to save RAM and battery on your device.
There would be a lot of reason why you would have deleted your files. For example, you need a lot of free space on your hard disk, and to clean up space on your drive, you started bulk cleaning useless data, and in the process, you might end up deleting the important files of your Computer. We are humans and yes we make mistakes, but that does not just mean that we would face a lot of loss owing to that error. So, there are ways to recover that loss, and I will be sharing one such way here.
I was also the victim of this problem of deleting sensitive data, and I had to work my ass off to figure out a way to the problem, but the case is not going to be same for you. Here is a smart way, you can try to recover most of your lost data.
What are we going to do?
Well, we will be making use of software , as simple as that. The software we will be using to recover our lost files is known as Wondershare Data Recovery Software(Links shared below) What Wondershare Data Recovery does is that either it backs up your data or it tries to recover the lost data from the temporary files in the temp folder. In the former case, it is confident that you will be able to recover your data while there are a 50-50% chances of recovery in the latter case. Since files in the temp folder are temporary and are deleted every 3-4 days, you make sure you make an attempt to recover it as soon as possible. Now let me stop the discussion about the reasons behind retrieving data and move on to the mainstream of this post, i.e., the ways to recover your lost data from your Windows PC.
WonderShare Data Recovery
Wondershare Data Recovery is a user-friendly, intuitive and powerful data recovery software, which serves over 5 million users all around the world now.
Five recovery modes are available with the software. You can select any one out of them according to your need. Those five recovery methods are:
- Wizard Mode Recovery
- Lost file recovery
- Partition Recovery
- Raw Recovery
- Resume Recovery
How does it work?
It works in three steps. The first phase includes the selection of recovery mode. Step two includes scanning, and the third phase is the recovery stage.
Select Recovery Mode: Select the recovery mode according to how you lost your data.
Scan Your Device/Computer: Select the path/location where the data loss occurred, and Click “Start” to continue.
Selective Recovery: Preview, Recover, and Save Files.
Here is the entire list of the devices from which data can be recovered.
- Computers and laptops
- Memory Cards
- Hard drives
- Flash Drives
- Removable drives
- Floppy Disks, Zip Disks and Cellphones (Blackberry, Nokia and Android) are also supported.
Here is the list of the file formats which can be recovered using the Wondershare data recovery software.
DOC/DOCX, XLS/XLSX, PPT/PPTX, PDF, CWK, HTML/HTM, INDD, EPS, etc.
JPG, TIFF/TIF, PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD, CRW, CR2, NEF, ORF, RAF, SR2, MRW, DCR, WMF, DNG, ERF, RAW, etc.
AVI, MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, FLV, SWF, MPG, RM/RMVB, etc.
AIF/AIFF, M4A, MP3, WAV, WMA, MID/MIDI, OGG, AAC, etc.
PST, DBX, EMLX, etc.
ZIP, RAR, SIT, etc.
Supported Data Loss situations
- Accident deleted.
- Formatted device.
- Inaccessibility or raw.
- Virus damage.
- Unexpected power off.
- Factory resets without backup.
- Improper partition or partition error.
- Reinstalled Windows system or hard disk crash.
- Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP; Mac OS X 10.11(El Capitan), 10.10(Yosemite), 10.9(Mavericks), 10.8, 10.7, or 10.6.
- CPU: 1GHz (32 bit or 64 bit).
- RAM: 256 MB or more of RAM (1024MB Recommended).
- Hard Disk Space: 100 MB and above free space.
How to recover data from lost files on Windows PC?
I will be making the steps very clear, but first and foremost, you have to download the Wondershare data recovery software on your computer. Once you are done with the downloading and the installation part, you can follow the steps given below to recover data from lost files on your Windows PC.
- Open the Wondershare DataRecovery Software.
- You will see a startup screen, click on the next button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now you get an option to select the kind of data you have lost or the kind of data you wish to recover. Available choices are Photo, Audio, Video, Document. If you got no such option, you could also select all kinds of files, but you may have a tough time finding the main file you need.
- Once you are done with the choice of the archive you wish to recover, You need to select the particular directory from which the file was lost or from which you need to retrieve the file.
- Hit the next button and you are done. The software will do the rest work, and you will be notified of the recovered data after the process if complete.
This was a short and straightforward guide(yet useful) you can make use of to recover your lost files. Next time you find yourselves in the midst of such kind of problem, you can use this software that very moment.
Also, let this post reach all those who are in the habit of deleting their necessary files and then later regretting it.
I am Pranshu Kharkwal. I am a Computer Geek and a Passionate Blogger. I also like to write about basics of Computer Programming. Apart from that, I also love creating content.