We are 24×7 staring at our phone screens and while this habit affects our eyes, people still don’t take enough measures. Research says that phones shouldn’t be used two hours before we got to bed, but hey, who does that? OEMs have become aware of this pressing issue and thus they are implementing blue light filters in their phones. But even that is not enough. So, some apps introduced a new mode called the dark mode which darkens the white paint of the apps. Samsung introduced Dark Mode in their One UI which was lauded globally.
Today, we’ll tell you how to enable dark mode in Google News. Earlier known as Google Playstand, Google revamped and mixed weather app into one, giving us a uniform experience across Android, iOS, and the web. We’ve also covered dark modes for Twitter, Chrome, and Windows so hit the link for more information.
[su_button url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.magazines” background=”#0091ea” color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ icon=”icon: download” icon_color=”#ffffff”]Download Google News[/su_button]
How To Enable Dark Mode On Google News
- Download Google News from the link given above.
- Open the app.
- Tap on your profile icon.
- You will see a list of options to explore.
- Tap on Settings.
- Hop onto the fourth option, Dark theme.
- It will display four more option to configure the dark theme.
- Click on Always to use dark theme regardless of the time
- Tap on Automatically, which will toggle the dark theme once sunset kicks in.
- Select Battery Saver when a battery saver mode enables.
- Click on Never, to, well never use a dark mode.
We do recommend using a dark theme wherever possible as it will help reduce the eye strain. The University of Cambridge has highlighted several benefits of using a darker background or mode on your smartphone. Eye fatigue caused by white or colorful backgrounds can be reduced using dark mode; people with photophobia are also benefited from the dark mode as they get reduced eye aggravation. The dark mode is not only beneficial for your own health, but it will also affect your phone. Using a darker color reduces your battery consumption.
Tell us in the comments below, how often do you use a dark mode and on which apps?