Do you want to know how to empty trash on Android phone? This article is for you.
Not all of us have devices with great storage options and the moment we realize the fact that our device is running out of storage space, we start searching for useless data to delete. The worst part is, there are no such direct means that allow you to clear trash on your Android device and that you’ll have to clear all the futile data one by one, which to be frank, can be aggravating.
How to Empty Trash on Android Phone
Well, we can help make your work tranquil as in this article, we’ll be discussing some ways that will empty some of the major trash on your device and eventually free up your storage space.
1. Empty Trash on Gmail
- Launch the Gmail application.
- Select the emails that you want to trash.
- Click on the bin icon on the top-right corner.
- Then select the Empty Bin now option to empty the Trash folder.
2. Empty Trash on Dropbox
- Launch the Dropbox application.
- Hit the Trash icon and select the Trash folder from the list of options.
- Now select the files you want to delete.
- Then hit the Delete button. This will delete the selected files permanently.
3. Empty Trash on Google Photos
- On your android device, launch Google Photos on your android device
- Tap the hamburger menu icon available on the top-left corner.
- Select the Trash option from the list of options. This will display the pictures you deleted within the last 60 days.
- Now select the pictures you want to delete permanently
- Then hit the delete icon present on the top-right corner.
4. Clear Cache Data
Steps to clear Clear Cache for All Apps at Once:
- Visit Settings > Storage > Cached Data.
- Select the cached data
- Confirm to clear the cached data by hitting the Ok button on the popup.
Steps to Clear Cache for a Specific App:
- Go to Settings > Apps
- Then select the application whose cached data you want to clear.
- Visit the Storage option for the app
- Now hit the Clear Cache button.
5. Delete the Backed-Up Photos
- Open the Google Photos application.
- In the top-left corner, tap the menu icon
- Then select “Free up device storage”
- Now hit the OK button.
6. Delete unwanted Files
- Go to the File Manager > locate and click the Downloads folder
- Select the files you no longer need
- Then hit the Delete button.
7. Delete Offline Area on Google Maps
- Open Google Maps.
- Tap the menu icon on the top-left corner
- Then select Offline.
- Select an offline area and then tap Delete.
8. Uninstall the Least Used Applications
- Long-press the application icon from the home screen.
- Select the uninstall option.
9. Use the Smart Storage feature
- Go to Settings and choose Storage.
- Turn on Smart Storage.
Smart Storage feature will help you get rid of the unnecessary data.
10. Move your data to SD Card
Simply transfer some of your data to SD Card if your device is running out of internal storage. This will free up some space on your device.
Is there a Deleted Items folder on Android?
Unfortunately, there’s no recycle bin designed for Android.
How do I recover deleted files on my Samsung?
- Connect your Samsung phone to the computer.
- Enable USB debugging before scanning your phone.
- Scan your lost data from Samsung.
- Preview and restore your data.
So this is how to empty trash on Android phone. You can also prefer downloading a suitable Recycle Bin Application if you wish to manage deleted files on your android device itself. I hope that now you’ve got an idea about how you can clear trash files and empty some space on your device.