Instagram is a giant social networking site where you can find almost anything and anyone. So, in this quest of your searching for any particular person, pictures, popular hashtags or just about anything imaginable. You may find that Instagram keeps track of your searches that you make in the app. And when you return to your search tab you may find that your prior search history is visible in the search field.
Although it is not a wrong thing, instead this turns out to be very helpful in some cases. As with your past search history, you can quickly return to your prior search and reach out to things in a quick and easy way. But if you want to clear your search history as to remove unwanted suggestions or it concerns your privacy. You can easily do this within Instagram’s app itself. As fortunately, Instagram allows deletion of the prior searches with no harm. And it is available for multiple platforms including Android, iOS, and Windows. So, just follow the steps mentioned below and delete your Instagram search history without any hassle.
How to delete search history on Instagram:
- Install and open the Instagram application
- Enter your IG name and password and sign in, or choose the Log in with a Facebook option instead.
- Next, tap on your profile button from the lower right corner.
- Click on the three lines from the top right corner and then tap on the “Settings” from the bottom of the screen.
- Once your settings page is opened. Scroll and click on “Search History”.
- Then tap on “Clear search history”, you will get two options, click on “Yes, I’m sure”. Your search history will be instantly cleared at this point.
So, with the above-mentioned steps, you can easily wipe out your Instagram search history. And can get rid off all those unnecessary keywords, hashtags, and also usernames that you don’t want in your search history anymore. As this method offers a simple and easy way to get your privacy back and to ditch some unwanted searches that you don’t want visible on your profile again.
- How To Send A Voice Message On Instagram
- How To Make A Poll On Instagram Story
- 7 Reasons Why Your Instagram Hashtags Not Working
So, if you find this article helpful or interesting do like and mention your views in the comment box.