Google AdSense is one of the oldest and most popular online Advertising Network of all. If you run a WordPress website and want to make money online from your site/blog, then Google AdSense is one of the best ways to do it. You just need to add Google Adsense to your WordPress website. In this Article, I will show you how to add Google AdSense to WordPress Blog.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSence is a program run by Google that allows web publishers to Make money online by monetizing their website. AdSense is completely free, a simple and one of the best way to earn money by placing Ads on your site.
AdSense allows users to display text, video, image and other advertisements on their website pages and pays them when site visitors view or click the Ads displayed.
Google AdSense serves only high-quality Ads, Ads that are relevant to your site content or audience. There are couple more reasons to choose AdSense over other Ad Networks. They are:
- Google supplies Hassle Free Advertising.
- AdSense Ads can be customized to match with the look of your site.
- Access to Performance Reports.
- Mobile friendly responsive Ads to optimize Mobile Traffic and more…
How to start with Google AdSense?
- Login to Google AdSense Account and Go to My Ads.
- Now, Click on the New Ad Unit button.
This will take you to a new page. On this page, you can select the size, type and style of the Ad. Please do not forget to enter the name as it is mandatory.
The next option is Ad size. Choose Ad size as per your requirement. You can see there are many varieties of ad sizes available. I would suggest you go with the recommended ones as they are most common and likely to generate more revenue.
After selecting the Ad size, you can move to next option. The next option is Ad type, Select the recommended one that is Text & Display Ads. Text & Display Ads are likely to perform well.
Under Ad Style section, you can customize the look of Ad to match with your theme’s color.
Custom channels allow you to track better the performance of Ad unit belonging to specific groups. You can leave it if you want to.
When AdSense fails to find and display a suitable Advertisement, Back Up Ads shown. You can leave it blank or use your own. Google AdSense is one of the largest distributors in the market; AdSense must always have something to show.
After you are done with the setup part, Click on the Save and Get Code Button. Finally, you can see Ad code here, Simply copy the code and close the popup window.
Now, You can save the code in any text editor if you do not want to login again and get the same.
Adding Google AdSense in WordPress
You can not just place this code everywhere; You need to decide where exactly you want to show the Ads. Do you know ? You can insert AdSense Ads in Sidebar in few minutes. To do that follow these steps:
- Login to WordPress Dashboard ( Admin Page ).
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Now Drag and Drop Text widget from Available Widgets.
- Simply Paste the Ad Code ( that you copied earlier ) inside the text widget.
- Done !!!
There are tons of free plugin available on WordPress Plugin Directory that allow you to Add Adsense code easily in WordPress.
However, I Still believe Google’s official AdSense Plugin for WordPress is much easier to setup and also provides many customization options. For newbies, this plugin might be the better choice as they can insert Google Adsense to their site in a few clicks.
Set up the Google AdSense Plugin for WordPress
Google AdSense plugin is very helpful for beginners. There is no need to create Ad units for displaying Ads on your site if you opt for this plugin.
Follow these steps to display Ads on your website:
- Visit WordPress Dashboard ( Admin Page ) and Go to the Plugins > Add New.
- Type the Keyword “Google AdSense” and hit Enter button.
- Click on Install Now button and then on Activate.
- After the plugin is successfully activated Go to Settings > AdSense.
As you can see ( in the screenshot ), it is clearly mentioned that you need to sign in to Google Account before you can use this plugin.
You can not use any Google Account; this should be Google Account that you use for AdSense, Search Console, Analytics and any other Google services connected with your WordPress Website.
If you don’t have a Google account, make one and get it verified by Google Adsense and Search Console.
- Now, Click on “Get started” and Verify your site.
- Once verification is done, you will see that “Your site is verified”.
- Right Click on Manage site.
- Now Click on the Preview button to view the Sample Ads.
- There are many markers at different sections ( You can see the screenshot above for reference ). Now, click on that marker icon where you want Ads to appear.
- Do not not forget to click on Save and Activate button shown at the top of page.
Using this plugin one can display Ads anywhere he wants to.
For better control and placement options I recommend you to use AdRotate or Ad inserter free WordPress Plugin. ( You might like: 6 Best Google Adsense plugins for WordPress ).
Ad placement plays a vital role. You should place Ads where people are likely to click; this will increase your revenue. I recommend you to use responsive Ads or else you can use 336×280 and 300×260 rectangular banner Ads. These Ads can fit almost on any device screen.
I have found that Ads shown above and within post content have high CTR ( Click Through Rate ). Avoid clicking on your own ads and do not let your family members click on them unnecessarily. You might get banned from this service.
If this post helped you in Adding AdSense to your WordPress site, then please do share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Ask your questions or leave your suggestions in the comment box.