The digital marketing landscape is rapidly changing. With today’s massive information overload, businesses need to put much more effort than ever before into building relationships with their customers and prospects. Many traditional marketing channels are close to extinction, defeated by the power of mobile communications and various new marketing media. Some marketing professionals even believe that email is dead as well, but the recent statistics prove them wrong.
Yes, People Still Stick To Emails
These days, everyone is talking about social media, messengers, and the benefits they bring to small businesses. Still, the rise of social media doesn’t mean the decline of email communications. In 2017, there were 3.7 billion email users worldwide (compared to about 3.03 billion people active on social media platforms). Experts predict that by 2021, there will be 4.1 billion active email users. Email marketing has a median ROI of 122%, the highest ROI among all digital marketing channels. Despite all rumors about the email’s death, it’s alive, well, and constantly evolving. If you haven’t tried email marketing yet, it’s high time for you to start.
Benefits of Email Marketing for Small Businesses
- You talk directly to your customers. People trust personalized conversations more than generic content distributed to large audiences. Email marketing has huge possibilities for personalization, helping you create the unique experience for each subscriber.
- You can easily understand what works well and what doesn’t. Leading email marketing services like MailChimp, Constant Contact and eSputnik provide detailed statistics on each email campaign. You’ll be able to track and analyze all the clicks, opens and unsubscribes, right within the service, without having to use any third-party statistics tools.
- You can access your subscribers anywhere they are. In 2017, 47 to 75% of all emails were opened on mobile devices. Once your message drops to a subscriber’s inbox, you might get an instant click from a potential customer. This calls for responsive email design, otherwise, your campaigns might turn out counterproductive. Moreover, mobile marketing isn’t limited to emails. Adding mobile marketing such as SMS, instant messaging and mobile web-push to your pool of tools will help you reach your subscribers more effectively.
- You can leverage marketing automation to spend less time on routine tasks, and focus more on the business itself. With eSputnik, MailChimp and other advanced services, you’ll be able to automatically send relevant emails based on users’ activities. You can send welcome emails to new subscribers, remind your customers of abandoned carts, give them product recommendations, and much more.
Implementing the right tools and strategies for your email marketing campaigns will bring you fast results and grow your customers’ trust. Combined with other marketing media, email marketing is a great way to reach and retain customers, so it’s worth a shot. Most services offer trial periods or a number of free emails for your easy start. For example, eSputnik – marketing automation service provides 2,500 emails and 10 text messages for free, as well as Viber messaging, free Web Push Notifications, and mobile push notifications (coming soon). Give it a try and see for yourself.
- Moving Your Business to Phoenix
- Does Buying Instagram Followers Really Work?
- SEO Marketing Strategies for the Best Digital Approach for your Online Business
- 5 Tried and Tested Tips on Choosing the Viable eCommerce Niche
Images by: Pexels