Google is indexing millions of web contents daily according to the quality, layout and speed aspects of the site. In this year 2016 everything about Google search results has been changed according to the new update in Google panda algorithm. If the guidelines given by google will be not followed correctly it might affect your website visibility on search engines. Google is now supporting the quality and consistency of the content in the market. Building up too many backlinks but a zero value content is a way to the failure in SEO. Google is making every thing easy for the simple and effortless browsing of data. But it is really easy to develop a Google friendly website if you’re reading this post.
You may like this search engine optimization starter guide by Google.
It is not too difficult to win this race. You just have to follow the Google instructions and rules, to recover from it. Google has provided a number of webmaster tools to increase your search engine presence and SEO. Google keeps asking this questions to all the webmasters but some of them are underestimating it..
Is your website mobile Friendly ?
This is the main factor of the Google friendly website. According to the Google, 70% of the web traffic visiting your website is likely to be using a mobile devices. So it has become very important for the WordPress Bloggers to optimize their websites for mobile devices as well. Google is allowing the users to view all the desktop contents in smartphones (featured phones) as well. But the website whose contents are not well optimized for mobile devices will be kicked back by google in SERP (Search engine results page). According to Wikipedia, SERP of any website is the listing of web pages returned by a search engine in response to a keyword query.
You may like this : Dynamic URL vs static URL, which is better for SEO ?
If your content is not coming on the first or second page of the Google SERP, then you should confirm that whether your website is mobile friendly or not. Test your website for responsiveness (mobile friendly capacity). And every Google friendly website have high SERP. The reason why many of the Bloggers are not getting enough visitors is because of these mistakes.
- Forgetting about their mobile visitors : Any website owner should not forget that number of mobile visitors are increasing day by day on web. Many of the things which were carried out on desktops and laptops are now executed using mobile phones and smartphones. The things are getting compressed and the minds are becoming wider. The essential aspects of blogs such as text and image alignment should be readable for mobile devices.
- Not using the meta ‘viewport’ tag : It is one of the essential need of every website, as it helps the browsers to adjust the width of your website according to the different sizes of mobile devices. When the meta viewport element is absent, mobile browsers default to rendering the page at a desktop screen width (usually about 980px, though this varies across devices). If you want the browsers to inform that your website will comply to all devices, you will have to add this meta tag under the <head> section of your website
12<span class="tag"><meta</span> <span class="atn">name</span><span class="pun">=</span><span class="atv">"viewport"</span> <span class="atn">content</span><span class="pun">=</span><span class="atv">"width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"</span><span class="tag">></span>
- Implementing the mobile version of the website on different domain : Many webmasters practice these kind of steps for composing the mobile version of their website using another domain or sub-domain. Going through this way may affect your website’s SEO as it makes difficult for the Search engines to crawl your website. For example: mobile version of your website xyz.com is m.xyz.com or mobile.xyz.com. This confuses the Googlebots to index your website systematically on SERP.
Googlebot is Google’s web crawling bot (sometimes also called a “spider”). Crawling is the process by which Googlebot discovers new and updated pages to be added to the Google index. Google uses a huge large amount of devices to fetch (or “crawl”) billions of webpages on the SERP. Googlebot uses an algorithmic process (computer programs) to determine which sites to crawl, how often, and how many pages to fetch from each site.
As responsiveness of the website matters on SERP, there are far many thing which depends. Some of the things which depends most are the quality of contents, Link building and its importance, Regular flushing out the bad links which can harm your rankings on SERP, increment of the outbound links to increase the domain authority and traffic on your website, etc. If you’re a WordPress user then you should must use these SEO friendly WordPress themes to increase your website’s speed. And there is no way Google will index your website if it isn’t fast enough.
You may also like the explanation of Google Crawling and Indexing.
Sorry ! You’re too slow.
Another great factor for better ranking on SERP is that your website should be fast enough. It has become essential to be fast in the market because if your Website takes much time to load no one will show interest in visiting you even if you are offering Great content. And Google friendly website should never be slow. Everyone should be aware of this line by google.
Give visitors the information they’re looking for
For developing Google friendly website, there is an outstanding tool by Google which helps you reach the essential needs of Google friendly website. The name of the tool is PageSpeed Insights. You can read the whole document about the PageSpeed Insights.
Also read : 3 Google tools, every website owner must use.
PageSpeed Insights measures how the page can improve its performance on:
- time to above-the-fold load: Elapsed time from the moment a user requests a new page and to the moment the above-the-fold content is rendered by the browser.
- time to full-page load: Elapsed time from the moment a user requests a new page to the moment the page is fully rendered by the browser.
PageSpeed Insights measures the optimization of a webpage on mobile (small width devices) devices and Desktop devices (large width devices). It gives the points from 0 to 100 in which it tests the essential parts of your website’s layout. For creating a Google friendly website your page should pass the score above 70 out of 100. You may also like many other open source Online Page speed testing tools for your website.
PageSpeed Insights analyzes a page to see if it follows the google guidelines. If it does then there’s nothing to stop you from good ranking on SERP.
Wow ! amazing content.
This is one of the most important factors of getting good rankings in SERP. This is the major part of any Google friendly website. Providing the high quality content on your website encourages the Googlebots (spiders) to crawl it on the first page of the Google. For example you have written a blog post which has 40,000 searches daily according to the Google adwords. And you have written an outstanding content which explains the topic from every niche and corner, you win ! Google is providing the content to their users which is best from all the aspects. And hence every Google friendly website should follow these rules.
If you are giving an informative and useful content to them which no one has explained like you, then you will be the 1 in line. If your pages contain useful information about the topic, their content will attract many visitors and encourage the webmasters to link to your site. You might like to read about how to write SEO friendly Blog post for better SERP ranking.
Google respects the quality content. But if you are providing the inbound links which are not the part of the topic, surely it will affect you in SERP. Considering all these points, for better content you should follow these important points while creating your content.
- Provide related internal links
- Explain the topic deeply
- Follow the Google webmaster guidelines
- Try to explain things easier
- Use outbound links in your content
- Use LSI keywords (Latent Semantic Indexing)
Steps involved in making Google friendly website
Give the proper information they are looking for
The visitors coming to your website organically should be given the right information about the topic. In creating a helpful, information-rich website, write pages that properly and authentically describe your topic. Think about the words users would type to find your pages and include those words on your content, as this is helpful for Google friendly website. This is one of the biggest strategy of seeking the correct keyword for your content in the whole bunch of words.
Make an easy to use website
Not for Googlebot, but yes for the visitors. Your website should be easy to access for the visitors for navigating from one page to other. Build your website with a relevant link format. Every page should be reachable from atleast one static link (static URL). This means that all the permalink of your website should be different with the other to create a wide variation in search results. And of course your website should be mobile friendly for the easier view on mobile devices. And anyways a Google friendly website should always be easy to use.
You must have Backlinks to your website
Every website owner should be aware of the Backlinks in SEO and their importance. Backlinks are basically means the links which are coming back to your webpage. More backlinks means more popularity in the market. Search Engines will give you higher rankings in their search results if the number of Backlinks are more. Before it was not important what type of Backlinks you were getting but in recent updates by Google it has changed now. Now, you should have quality links otherwise you will face ignorance by Google.
- Avoid using your content keyword too many times in the post. Do not fill up the content with the list of the keyword in attempt to cover more pages. Average keyword density of 1-3 % (from the whole content) is acceptable by Google. If your site contains pages, links, or text that you don’t mean your visitors to see it, Google considers those links and pages unreliable (dishonest) and may ignore your site on SERP.
- Do not practice any kind of black hat SEO techniques as it will not only harm you on SERP but also ban your website permanently on Google. You should read White hat SEO and Black hat SEO.
- Don’t use images to show important names, content, or links. The Googlebot (spiders) doesn’t perceive text contained in graphics. Use ALT tags in the images if the focus content and keywords on your page cannot be formatted in regular HTML (i.e. WordPress or any other users). Alternate text are very important in Google friendly website building.
- Do not create a duplicate posts under distinct URLs for getting more preference in SERP. Google considers this as a Black hat SEO technique and will ban you permanently if found. Keep in mind that the Black hat practices is not recommended according to the Google guidelines. Black hat technique is the huge resistance to the Google friendly website.
These were the some of the essential aspects of Google friendly website. If you will follow the points mentioned above then there will be no one with your match and you will always be the best in SERP.
You may also like : Best mobile SEO Practices of 2016