WhatsApp has become synonyms to communication. Whoever meets along the way, asks for your contact information, followed by “I’ll WhatsApp you!” 1.5 billion people use this app daily for communicating and sending photos and videos. It has given other messaging apps like Viber, Hike a run for their money. WhatsApp has some nifty features that are unrivaled. Even business-minded folks use WhatsApp business to spread their work.
Another strong reason why WhatsApp is the most preferred messaging app is the updates. It is regularly updated with newer features, hence, the tagged the busiest app. There are hundreds of chats and pinned chats can only accommodate 3 favorite people, so how do you chat with many others? This tutorial aims at showing you a neat yet underrated feature that lets you add a shortcut of your favorite group on your Android home screen. So, scroll down and try it out for yourself.
How To Create WhatsApp Group Shortcut on Android Home Screen
- Open WhatsApp and go inside a group chat.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Tap on More.
- You will see Add shortcut option at the very last.
- WhatsApp will ask for a confirmation. Just tap on Add.
- As you can see, the shortcut has been successfully created on your home screen.
There’s another way with which a shortcut can be created:
- Open WhatsApp. You’ll see a list of your individual and group chats.
- Long press on the group.
- Click on the three dots.
- And you’ll see Add chat shortcut option just at the second spot.
- Click on it and confirm by tapping Add.
- Your group chat shortcut is created and will have the group’s profile picture as the icon.