If you’re new to PHP development, PHP IDE is the first tool that you need to get started with the PHP programming. There are hundreds of IDEs available on the web for free as well as paid use. Choosing the one that fits your budget and requirement is a tough task.
For those who are new to IDE, IDE is basically an acronym of integrated development environment which is simply a software that programmers use to edit and create a web elements and applications. Programmers use different PHP IDE’s to edit web elements. Some of the most popular ones are Eclipse PDT, Sublime Text 3 and NetBeans. Well, good IDE (integrated development environment) comes with a number of features to reinforce PHP development, editing and programming.
[su_note note_color=”#f2f2f2″]Worth Reading: Why Ruby on Rails is a Suitable Web-App Solution[/su_note]
For valuable work on the development of PHP websites, you need a good comfortable editor necessarily. Codelobster PHP Edition is an efficient IDE and simplifies the PHP & Web development process in a hassle-free manner. In this post, I’ll be reviewing CodeLobster PHP IDE, A Free PHP Editor for Programmers.
A Free PHP Editor for Windows
When you start programming with PHP, you face the problem of deciding which IDE to choose for the Windows OS.
CodeLobster is 100% free if you’re a beginner and want to learn PHP programming on your Windows PC.
CodeLobster PHP IDE supports all projects and comes with a customizable App interface.
You can start downloading CodeLobster for Windows OS by clicking the Download link Below.
[su_button url=”http://www.codelobster.com/download/CodelobsterPHPEditionSetup.exe” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0091ea” color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ radius=”5″ icon=”icon: cloud-download” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #000000″ rel=”follow”]Download CodeLobster For Windows[/su_button]
How to install CodeLobster in Windows OS?
- Click the Download link above to download the CodeLobster Setup File for Windows.
- After downloading, Run the setup as an Administrator.
- Accept the License agreement, select the installation path and complete the installation process.
Seamless Integration with Popular CMSs (Paid Feature)
CodeLobster easily integrates with WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Magneto.
If you’re a WordPress Developer then CodeLobster IDE is a pretty good option for you. CodeLobster powers up WordPress programming with an ability to code smartly and fast. You do not need to remember the names of the functions, Arguments, tags and other attributes. Just start with wp_.
To integrate CodeLobster with WordPress or any other CMS you need to buy a professional version of the App.
There are plugins available to install CodeLobster in WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and Magneto.
CodeLobster IDE supports most popular PHP frameworks like CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Symfony, Laravel, Phalcon and Node JS. CodeLobster can be easily linked to any of these PHP Applications.
- HTML/CSS inspector on the type of Firebug, which allows easily to correlate the selected elements of the page with a code and proper style.
- Context help on all supported languages. By pressing an F1 key the page with detailed description for current tag, attribute or function will be opened.
- PHP debugger. PHP debugger allows executing PHP scripts incrementally, watching the values of all variables in every line.
- SQL manager allows to produce all necessary actions with a database – to add, delete, edit a structure and records in tables, to export data, execute SQL queries. Highlighting and autocompletion work for SQL files also.
- Support of FTP allows to work straight with a remote server and to do all necessary changes with files;
- The portable option allows using the editor without the preliminary installation.
- Other useful utilities: pair highlighting, the possibility of blocks selection, collapsing, tooltips, navigation on descriptions of functions and included files at withholding of the key of CTRL, viewing of structure of files and project, preview in a browser, bookmarks, and all other standard possibilities for work with a code.
Free VS Paid Versions
What do you get in a CodeLobster Free Version?
- HTML editor
- HTML code inspector
- CSS editor
- PHP editor
- PHP debugger
CodeLobster Free version is only available for Windows OS.
What do you get in a CodeLobster Lite Version?
- FTP/SFTP support
- SQL manager
- Version Control Systems
- Code validator / Snippets / formatting.
- SASS and LESS
- Split Window, Compare
- Node JS Support.
- Plus all the free version’s features.
CodeLobster Lite version costs $40 but it’s worth it.
What do you get in a CodeLobster Professional Version?
- CMS Plugins: Drupal, Joomla, Magento
- PHP frameworks Plugins: CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Laravel
- WordPress blogging engine.
- Smarty and Twig template engines.
CodeLobster Pro version comes with the Plugins for all the popular CMSs, JS and PHP Platforms. CodeLobster Pro version costs $100 and you can purchase the license on its official website.
CodeLobster is a feature-rich IDE for beginners as well as pros.
If you’re a beginner in PHP Programming then I’ll recommend you to go for the Free version of the Software.
If you use a Free version of Codelobster PHP Edition and want to obtain the Professional version, you need just to purchase a CodeLobster Pro license and activate it. No repeated downloading is required to obtain Pro version.
Professionals, You can buy CodeLobster on its official website. The registration key will be sent to you instantly after making payment and will become valid and legal for all the versions of the application.
- Responsive Web Design Mistakes That You Should Avoid
- 10 Mobile App Development Trends for current Generation
If you liked this review then don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Are you a CodeLobster user? Let us know your experience with this wonderful IDE.