Canon Rumors has confirmed that Canon is working on EOS M6 Mark II. It will be a compact mirrorless camera that would sport impressive specifications. If the rumors are true, then the upcoming camera would drastically improve the dynamic range.
Rumors claim that the M6 II could feature a 32.5 APS-C CMOS sensor with the Digic 8+ image processor. The original M6 had a 24.2MP sensor and Digic 7 engine. Continuous shooting will see a jump from the previous 7fps burst speed to 16fps. Moreover, the electronic shutter speed will jump from 1/4000th of a second to 1/16000 second.
The camera will also see a vast improvement in the video department. The original M6 could shoot videos up to 1080p while the M6 II could unlock 4K video at 30fps. Furthermore, Canon could also improve image stabilization for smoother video recording. Vlogging would definitely be a joy on this.
Following are the rumored specifications of the Canon EOS M6 Mark II:
- 32.5 mp APS-C CMOS sensor (new sensor technology for higher dynamic range)
- DIGIC 8+ Imaging Processor
- 4K up to 30p (with no crop or 1.3x no pixel binning crop), Full HD up to 180p
- No Canon Log but new Movie Picture Style
- Dual Pixel AF Focus Guide
- New Selfie mode and Vlog mode
- Enhanced Movie IS
- High-speed continuous shooting at a maximum of 16 FPS (with AE/AF)
- RAW Burst mode at 30 FPS (with AE/AF)
- Dual Pixel AF with an expanded area
- Eye AF (tracking possible)
- Electronic shutter 1/16000s
- Focus Bracketing
- Supports external electronic viewfinder
- USB-C charge power supply
The compact mirrorless camera will be launched on 28th August, alongside the EOS 90D.