Yoga is an ancient art where you through poses, you enhance your physical, mental, and spiritual state. Recently, Yoga has started to reach everywhere, throughout the world and people have started recognizing the value yoga has on our daily lives. The 21st of June is even recognized as World Yoga Day. People all around the world started attending yoga classes and the costing of these classes went high. Yoga was never supposed to be a paid commodity and that is why, here, we are going to review 7 Best Yoga Apps for Android that will help you keep fit and healthy. Using these free yoga apps for Android, you can get the information about different yoga types and how to do it, sitting at home without even paying a penny. All you need is an exercise mat and a little space, that’s it. You are all ready to get cracking.
Here are the 7 Best Yoga Apps for Android:
- Daily Yoga
- Yoga Studio
- 5 Minute Yoga
- Yoga for weight loss
- Down Dog
- Yoga daily fitness
1. Daily Yoga – Yoga Fitness Plans
The Daily Yoga App gives you various different kinds of yoga poses or yoga asanas. There are more than 500 yoga asanas and more than 50 yoga class plans available as well. It helps you lose weight through yoga and has tips on how to sleep peacefully and also on how you can relax. This is one of the Best Free Yoga Apps for Android and has over 5 Million downloads on Google Play Store.
- Daily Yoga App has more than 500+ yoga asanas, 50+ yoga class plans, and 200+ yoga classes with video.
- Has seven different languages to this yoga app like English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Chinese, German, and French.
- Also, has various mediation and yoga-based soothing songs to help you relax.
- Scheduled plans for boot camp, body toning, weight loss, strength, flexibility, relaxation, balance, meditation etc.
- Google Fit support.
2. Yoga Studio: Mind & Body
Even though Yoga Studio App is not completely free, you can enjoy 2 weeks for a free trial and then decide if you want to enrol in it. The app is very easy to use and has a very simple design and all you have to do is, download the app to get started. In this yoga app, you can select different kinds of plans and yoga classes, which vary from Beginner, Advanced, and Intermediate.
- A unique addition called Hip Hop Yoga.
- Video Tutorials of yoga and meditation classes in full HD Resolution.
- 280 yoga poses with detailed advice and instructions.
- Be fit and healthy with the daily and weekly class scheduling feature.
- Track your fitness goals with daily, weekly class scheduling.
3. Yoga – Poses & Classes
Yoga – Poses & Classes is one of the great free yoga apps available for Android users. It has HD videos of all the yoga asanas. You can search for asanas that will help improve a certain part of your body, like focus, ability, etc. This app has the option of choosing the time of each class from 10 mins to 30 mins.
- Allows you to create unlimited custom classes that have full videos on it.
- Allows you to focus on flexibility, strength, and balance.
- 111 Poses developed and thought by qualified yoga instructors.
- Allows you to play your classes on your Smart TV through AirPlay or Chromecast.
4. 5 Minute Yoga
5 Minute Yoga is a perfect yoga app for your busy schedule. This app utilizes only 5 mins of your time and allows you to keep your mind and body fit and healthy. It is very easy to use and has videos to let you see the yoga asanas and practice alongside. Each session of this free yoga app takes less than 5 minutes and keeps you salubrious as well. 5 minute yoga is considered as one of the best yoga apps for Android as well as iPhone users.
- Minute sessions allow you to do yoga at any time.
- Free Yoga App with pose tutorials.
- Regular yoga practices that focus on improving flexibility, strength, toning muscles, and helps in reducing stress.
- The best yoga asanas put together to get you the maximum output in just 5 minutes.
5. Yoga for weight loss – Lose weight program at home
Yoga for weight loss is a great Yoga app for Android which focuses on burning that excess fat chunks in your body. With over 50 yoga poses which are optimal for weight loss, this free yoga app brings you an amazing set of plans to reduce your weight and helps you stay healthy and also fit and stress-free.
- Has a notification system which reminds you to exercise and plan your weight loss, so you won’t miss a session.
- Has a virtual coach which will show how to do the yoga asanas perfectly.
- Free Yoga Tutorials with pose images.
- Different difficulty levels in your training help you pick among vary fat loss programs.
6. Yoga daily fitness – Yoga workout plan
This is one of our favorites, it has an amazing look and feels to it. Yoga Daily Fitness App is a very simple and easy to use Free Yoga App and has step by step instructions on how to practice and do exercises. It helps you improve your flexibility, muscle strength, protect your spine, increase blood flow, helps decrease stress and helps you focus, etc.
- You can set reminders to let you know when you have scheduled your session.
- Has a 30-day yoga plan with video as well.
- It has a couple of soothing music to help you relax while you do yoga and fitness.
- Plan daily yoga sessions to keep your mind and body fit.
7. Down Dog: Great Yoga Anywhere
This is a unique and different app for yoga fitness. It shows you poses of yoga with a video which describes the poses from an animal perspective and helps you realize the usefulness of that pose. You can set new routines every day and can customize your fitness regime based on what type of yoga you want to do. Down Dog is one of the Best Free Yoga Apps and has over 500,000+ Android users.
- Video feature to it showing the animal side of the poses.
- Daily Fitness planner allows you to plan your daily yoga sessions.
- Gives personalized workout and changes it every now and then to keep you interested in the workout.
- Free Yoga Tutorials.
These 7 apps are the top and the Best Yoga Apps for Android available to you for free. After you use them you can be sure to find out that the health and fitness of your mind and body are all in order. Doing yoga can help you keep away a lot of different diseases as well. So, download these apps, try it, because we are sure that you will choose one of these apps to be your yoga fitness instructor.
Which Yoga Apps are you using in your Android Smartphone? Do share with us in the comments.
If you liked this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook or Twitter.