WordPress Contact form plugins help to compose an Email form. It lets your website visitors contact you via Email without unveiling your Personal Email Address and other details.
A Contact form plays a significant role of an interaction between you and your website visitors. As most of the Bloggers and website owners does not disclose their emails and mobile numbers. Thus, at that moment, you can find contact form as a suitable solution. And if you’re using WordPress then you can quickly implement contact forms on your website or blog using a proper plugin.
A Contact Form is further affordable than the other options like Live chat and toll-free numbers. So assuredly in this post, I’ll be reviewing 8 Best WordPress Contact Form Plugins which may help you out in choosing the perfect one for your WordPress site.
8 Best WordPress Contact Form Plugins Compared 2017
- Contact Form 7.
- WP Forms.
- Custom Contact Forms.
- Gravity Forms.
- Pirate Forms.
- Ninja Forms.
- Jetpack Forms.
- 123 Contact Form.
Let me describe you about each plugin one by one.
1. Contact Form 7
Contact form 7 is the most popular WordPress contact form plugin with more than 1 million WordPress users. Bloggers usually prefer to use contact form 7 as it is user-friendly and remarkably simple. It is simple to build responsive WordPress Forms with CF7 in just a fraction of the time.
Contact form 7 can create unlimited forms with spam protection. This plugin has a shortcode feature which allows you to insert contact forms in your blog posts and pages. You can also implement autoresponder emails to make your Contact Form more convenient and user-friendly.
Worth Reading: 5 Best Free Plugins for WordPress 2017 ( Must have Plugins ).
There are also available many third-party add-ons for Contact Form 7 to extend the current features of the plugin.
- Name and Email Fields.
- Limitless customisations.
- Setting Custom Placeholder Text.
- Checkboxes, Radio Buttons and Menus.
- reCAPTCHA for spam protection.
- Acceptance Checkbox with custom text.
- One of the major benefits of using Contact Form 7 WordPress plugin is it is 100% Free and highly customisable.
- It works sleekly without conflicting with other WordPress themes and plugins.
- Contact Form 7 is the best choice if you want to implement a simple and timely Contact Form on your WordPress website.
- Users of this plugins have committed that the customer support of the plugin is irregular.
- Contact Form 7, on the other hand, slows down your web page speed if it holds too many form fields.
2. WP Forms
WP Forms is another fantastic freemium WordPress Contact Form plugin with more than 160,000 active users. Using WP Forms, you can create unlimited and various types of forms on your WordPress site such as subscription forms, payment forms, etc.
WP Forms is an easy yet powerful WordPress Form Builder tool. It is implemented with Drag and Drop Feature which will help you in adding multiple fields to your forms quickly. The pricing of the plugin starts with a basic plan of $39/ year in which you can try out the plugin on your site with unlimited forms.
WP Forms is primarily made for Business owners, bloggers, designers, developers, photographers, and everyone else who avoid coding. Although, WP Forms is the most user-friendly WordPress plugin developed by WPBeginner.
- Unlimited Forms and Entries.
- Drag and Drop Form Builder.
- Secured forms with Spam Protection.
- Single and Multi-page Forms.
- Integration with MailChimp, AWeber and more.
- Front-end post submissions.
- Payment features by PayPal.
- 14 Days Money-back Guarantee.
- One of the major advantages of using WP Forms is that it will never lag your website. WP Forms maintains your site speed and ensure that it runs steady and fast.
- WP Forms is also available as a WP Forms Lite, a Free Contact Form plugin for beginners or those who want to try out the basic features.
- Lots of detailed documentations and helpful guides are available for you to get started with the plugin.
- Other Contact Form Plugins offers much more features than WP Forms. To make this plugin easy-to-use, some of the utile features are not included in it.
- The WP Forms Lite or the free version of the plugin always opts out to upgrade it to the premium version.
- There are some issues with WP Forms Email notifications.
3. Custom Contact Forms
Custom Contact Forms is another Free and easy tool to build stunning forms on your WordPress website. This Free plugin is serving more than 60,000 active WordPress users.
Custom Contact Forms has made easy to create forms and manage the submissions from your visitors. Though this plugin doesn’t have too many features like WP Forms it is still a great tool for the first start. Using this plugin, you can create a live Contact Forms using the ajax preview feature.
Custom Contact Forms was the most suitable Contact Form plugin for me when I started my Blogging Journey with WordPress.
- Add HTML and sections to your forms.
- Conditional fields and form sections.
- Google Captcha for spam protection.
- Create Unlimited Forms.
- Forms use AJAX so no page reloads are required.
- Integration with Bootstrap.
- Email Notifications about submissions.
- Custom Contact Forms plugin is easy-to-use and beginner-friendly. The users of this plugin have reviewed that it is the best Contact Form 7 alternative.
- Drag and Drop feature of this plugin helps you to keep your hands away from coding.
- It is the simple & powerful WordPress Contact Form plugin with the live preview feature.
- Customer support of the plugin is not that good.
- The plugin is good enough but has a lack of functions and features.
4. Gravity Forms
If you’re looking for a paid and feature-rich WordPress Contact Form Plugin, Gravity Forms is made for folks like you. Whether you’re a beginner or professional web developer, you can easily configure gravity forms WordPress Plugin.
Gravity Forms is a premium WordPress plugin with almost all the contact form features inbuilt. Gravity Forms plugin is active over more than one million WordPress sites.
Users can integrate various popular email services such as MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, AWeber, etc. within the plugin settings. The pricing of the plugin starts with a basic plan of $39/ year for a single website.
- DIY Form Designer and Builder.
- Single and Multi-page Forms.
- Email notifications.
- Conditional Logic.
- Limit the number of entries.
- Live editing of styles and layouts.
- There are many useful Gravity Forms add-ons. You can create surveys, quiz, etc. other types of forms using the add-ons.
- The plugin is very fast and doesn’t affect your website speed.
- You can schedule the forms using the scheduling feature of Gravity Forms.
- Like WP Forms, Gravity Forms does not have a free or Lite version of the plugin. But if you want to test the plugin you can run the demo of the plugin.
- Gravity Forms is not for WordPress Beginners or newbies.
5. Pirate Forms
Pirate forms is a powerful, free and straightforward Contact Form builder plugin for WordPress. You don’t need to code anything. Pirate Forms is easy-to-use and mobile-friendly. You can just create a contact form and copy/paste the shortcode anywhere you want the form to appear.
Pirate Forms WordPress contact form plugin is built by the Team Themeisle. The plugin has pretty easy user-interface for better customizations. Furthermore, Pirate Forms has more than 100,000 active WordPress users.
- It provides reCAPTCHA for spam protection.
- Highly Customizable.
- Insert Forms between posts.
- Stores contact in the Database.
- Assign placeholders to the form fields.
- Export Submissions in CSV.
- Pirate forms plugin is 100% free. You do not have to pay for any featured updates.
- The plugin is user-friendly with all the basic Contact Forms features included.
- Users of this plugin have reported that it doesn’t have proper documentation about using the plugin.
- You cannot create colourful or custom styled forms as it is the simplest WordPress Contact Form plugin.
6. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is another freemium & flexible WordPress Contact form plugin and the best alternative of WP Forms. You can easily create Custom Contact Forms, Email Subscription forms and other types of forms using Ninja Forms WordPress plugin. Ninja Forms is serving more than 70,0000 active WordPress users.
Ninja Forms can adapt the design of your current WordPress theme. This mobile-friendly Contact Form plugin is easy-to-use and configure. It is a powerful tool to create unlimited Forms with a simple drag and drop user interface.
The plugin is integrated with AJAX Submissions which will never slow down your site. Furthermore, the pricing of the plugin starts with a basic plan of $99/ year for a single website with 1-year updates and support.
- Anti-spam options like Google reCAPTCHA.
- Form Submission via AJAX.
- Export and Import forms and favourite fields.
- Drag and Drop Form Builder.
- Unlimited Form entries and submissions.
- Conditional Logic Fields and Notifications.
- You can easily manage the form submissions, edit it, import/ export it, and perform other points as well.
- It is a Beginner-friendly plugin with many basic options in the free version of the plugin.
- To use this plugin, you should have PHP version higher than 5.3 as it is not proficient of handling AJAX.
- The Free version of the plugin is limited to the basic Contact Form features.
7. Jetpack Contact Form Module
As we all know that Jetpack is a powerhouse plugin for WordPress. It is said that installing Jetpack you have implemented hundreds of features on your WordPress site. Well, Jetpack also included with a Contact Form Module which can be placed in Sidebar, Posts as well as Pages.
Jetpack is developed by team Automattic, the official WordPress team. Jetpack is an easy way to generate simple contact forms and collect feedbacks from your visitors. If you have basic CSS knowledge then it will be easy for you to customise form’s design in few clicks.
- Customise the Notification Emails.
- Create Unlimited Forms.
- Shortcode feature for quickly embedding forms in posts.
- Integration with Akismet Plugin.
- Built-in Spam Filter.
- HTML Elements.
- Jetpack Contact Form module is simple and light-weight, and that is the reason it doesn’t affect your PageSpeed.
- Creating Contact Forms with Jetpack is very easy, It also has “Add Contact Form” button on your post editor so that you can easily embed forms in your blog posts.
- Jetpack Contact Form module is not available as an individual plugin. You have to install the complete Jetpack plugin in order to use Contact Form. But Jetpack allows you to disable the other modules which are not required.
123ContactForm is another easy-to-use free Contact Form plugin for WordPress. It is simple and doesn’t require any complex customisation. This mobile-friendly contact form plugin requires a free account created on 123ContactForm.
You can easily embed Survey Pages, Quizzes, and Feedbacks Forms using 123ContactForm WordPress plugin. The developers of this plugin have given another way of directly inserting the forms without actually installing the plugin by the method of embedding.
Currently, we are using 123ContactForm on 3nions, and I found it one of the Best WordPress Contact Form Plugins. Furthermore, it is the fastest Contact Form Plugin for WordPress.
- Instant Email Notification.
- Easy Form Builder tool.
- reCAPTCHA options for advanced security.
- Custom CSS for modifying the form’s style.
- Integration with payment processors such as PayPal.
- Security options such as SSL and Captcha.
- As I’ve already said before, that 123ContactForm is the Fastest WordPress Contact Form plugin, and it will never slow down your website.
- There are some efficient options available to highlight the user interface such as multiple recipients, custom “thank you” page, etc.
- Also, using 123CF you can easily connect your web forms to Email marketing services and automate your submission processes in a clasp.
- The only sad thing about the plugin is that it has some limitations in the free account. So, you are eligible to demand only 100 Submissions / month for a free account.
Which is the Best Contact Form Plugin for My WordPress Site?
Well, All the plugins as mentioned above are best for creating Fascinating Contact Forms on WordPress. But what if you’re a designer or a business owner, a developer or just a WordPress beginner? So let me explain to you which plugin will be the perfect rush for your fantastic WordPress site.
If you are a Beginner or merely a WordPress newbie then probably you must be unaware of coding, right? For you, Pirate Forms or Custom Contact Form will be the best option as they are free to use.
Also, If you are more than just a beginner or say you know how to handle WordPress, then you should probably go for Jetpack, 123CF or Contact Form 7.
Business owners mostly put their hands off from coding. Thus, if you are a thriving business owner and inclined to spend some money on your Website’s appearance then WP Forms or Ninja Forms will be great options.
Furthermore, if you are a wealthy developer or a code-friendly folk then Gravity Forms will be the most suitable plugin for you as it is highly customisable.
Handpicked blog posts:
- Best backup plugins for WordPress Beginners.
- 10 Best Free eCommerce WordPress plugins to Setup an Online store.
If you liked this post, then don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook or Twitter. Also, share your past experiences with us and tell us about that amazing Contact Form plugin that you’re using on your WordPress site.