[Best WordPress backup plugins for Beginners]
Regularly taking a Backup of all your WordPress post files are one of the most significant moves you can make to safeguard against losing your data. In this post, I will share some of the best WordPress backup plugins. I will also cover some advantages of backing up your WordPress site.
I have been through such situations where you can’t do anything after losing all your site data. Thus, it is crucial that you should backup your WordPress posts, media files and pages so that it can help you in future. It helps in saving your site data, somewhere safe, so that may be in future if something went wrong with your files, you can quickly restore it.
Using a reliable backup plugin makes bloggers keep their site secure and updated every time.
Backing up your WordPress website is relatively easy by using plugins. There are two methods of which the first one is the regular import and export of WordPress post files.
In your WordPress dashboard menu, you will see the Tools tab. On hovering it, you can easily locate both the options of import and export. Just, if you want to export your website data to your computer or any other device, follow the steps below.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Tools > Export.
- Select the option bullets i.e. posts, pages, media files (one at a time).
- Click on Download Export File button. The .xml file will start downloading on your computer.
- For importing it, you will require WordPress Importer plugin.
Well, this is the primary and the easiest method to backup your WordPress site. Using this method you can only Backup your posts, pages and text in them. It is hard to restore media files using this method.
The second method is using plugins. WordPress plugin directory consists of various useful backup plugins which can be scheduled to backup each and every data of your website regularly.
You don’t have to download a single file; it will automatically back it up and save it to the cloud or another secured server. WordPress backup plugin is the easiest way to backup each and everything of your website. So let’s check out some best backup plugins WordPress.
UpdraftPlus is the most popular WordPress backup plugin with more than 600,000 active installs. This plugin This plugin for Bloggers. UpdraftPlus helps in managing the backup and restoration of your site data safely and securely to the cloud. It also allows you to download the backup to your computer. You can upload it to your cloud storage. Most compatible cloud storage is Amazon, Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace storage, Dreamhost, etc.
This plugin allows to schedule the backup process and stores the files in the safe location on your website. The only bad thing about this plugin is the user interface. This WordPress backup plugin is hard to use for Beginners. The plugin is hard to locate some of its options. Otherwise, it is the best WordPress backup plugin.
This plugin is also available with premium features. You can easily upgrade it to premium, as update button is always available on plugin homepage. You can also restore or migrate to Updraftplus plugin from any WordPress backup plugin (currently supported: Backup, Backup WordPress, Simple Backup, WordPress backup to Dropbox). It is a premium feature of this plugin.
- Set a different time to backup files and database.
- You can automatically resume failed uploads.
- You can split Large website into multiple archives.
- You can select which files you want to backup (plugins, themes, content, other).
- You can choose which files you want to restore.
BackWPUp is the second best WordPress backup plugin with more than 400,000 active installs. The best thing about this plugin is that it’s totally free. This WordPress backup plugin helps to save your complete WordPress website without any distraction. BackWpUp plugin uses storage services such as Dropbox, S3, FTP for backing up files and databases.
When you save the backup file from this plugin, it is in .zip format. Zip files can be quickly restored to WordPress website. This WordPress backup plugin is compatible with all the version of WordPress (till 4.5.2). Yes, this is the plugin for an absolute beginner. It is very easy to use as compared to UpdraftPlus.
BackWpUp also has some cool features in its pro version. The pro version of this plugin comes with priority support, compatibility to save backups on Google Drive and Amazon Glacier.
- Complete Database Backup (needs mysql).
- WordPress XML Import/ Export.
- Backup installed plugins.
- Optimises Database.
- Check for errors and repair Database.
- File backup and restore.
Backup Buddy is the most popular premium backup plugin for available for WordPress. This plugin is the complete solution to your every quest and query related to your data security and data backup. You can easily purchase it over here. This is the all in one backup plugin. You can also migrate your website to another server using BackupBuddy.
The price of this plugin is worth it as it is the most popular premium WordPress backup plugin. This plugin allows you to schedule your backup and store it on the clouds of Amazon, S3, Rackspace, Dropbox, etc. This plugin scans for the errors in the Backup and fixes it automatically. Many popular blogging sites use this plugin.
The best feature I like about this plugin is it allows to move your website to new web host without any downtime. It is a very useful feature as if somehow your website goes down you can immediately restore it using this feature of BackupBuddy. It is the best plugin.
- Database backup or full backup.
- Offsite storage (download backup).
- Scheduled Backups.
- BackupBuddy Stash storage.
- Custom Backup profiles (different users).
VaultPress is a plugin which not only helps you in Backing up your site but also provide a firewall security to it. This plugin is made by oWordPress team. You may have seen this plugin if you’re using Jetpack. VaultPress is a Backup engine of all WordPress.com sites. This plugin runs with different plans and prices. WpBeginner uses VaultPress to Backup their site. VaultPress offers Cloud Backup and restores to WordPress users.
The plugin has an excellent user interface. It is very easy to install and use for Beginners. It offers real-time Backup support at $5/ month to WordPress users. Sometimes it also provides security offers in its packages.
It is a compatible and flexible WordPress plugins. It runs smoothly with any WordPress theme or plugin. You can check the whole information about this plugin here. VaultPress plugin has just made the Backup comfortable. It is one of the modules of Jetpack. Its security features are also useful to use.
- Automatic and Manual Backup.
- WordPress verified.
- Backup Scheduling.
- Extra optimisation and protection.
- Website migration.
These were the top-most WordPress backup plugins. Some of the other WordPress Backup plugins are,
- Duplicator: This is an excellent features WordPress plugin. This allows the users to migrate their WordPress site withing few clicks. This plugin is very easy to install and use. Duplicator has a pro version with couple more cool features in it.
- WP-DB-Backup: Believe me this is the most popular WordPress plugin with more than 4,00,000 active installs. This plugin helps to back up your WordPress databases and files quickly.
- BackUpWordPress: This is a very simple WordPress Backup plugin. This plugin works fine with all the version of WordPress. The free version of this plugin doesn’t allow to save backups on cloud storage. You will have to update it to pro version to integrate this plugin with Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Backup and restore Dropbox: This plugin is specially made for Backing up your site on Dropbox cloud storage. You can easily migrate, restore, duplicate your website using this plugin.
- Backup Guard: This is a free WordPress Backup plugin used by more than 50,000 users. This plugins backup each and every file including the core WordPress and make it easy to download. Pro version concludes of Backing up the site on various cloud storage sites such as Dropbox.
- WordPress Database Backup: This is a free WordPress plugin with more than 50,000 active installs. This plugin is very similar to Backup Guard. This plugin allows users to backup and restore their databases with a single click. Pro version of this plugin includes couple more features.
Having a backup plan is always a great option. It lets you stay prepared for any kind of site trouble.
It is essential to backup your WordPress site, posts, pages, media files and whatever else which is crucial for your site’s whole existence. You may also like this step by step guide to transfer your WordPress site from one host to another.
That’s all. I hope that you will find this list useful in selecting the best WordPress backup plugin for your website.
- 5 Best Free Plugins for WordPress 2017 ( Must have Plugins ).
- How to hide wp-admin page aka wp-login page in WordPress.
- 8 Best WordPress Contact Form Plugins Compared 2017
Liked this post? Don’t Forget to share it with your friends on social media sites. Is your favourite backup plugin is listed in this post? Let me know which one you’re using.