If you are planning an exercise regime for your body and are in search of an app that will help you achieve the same, then you have come to the right place. Nowadays, Pedometer apps have become popular as they can be simply used to fix more physical activity into our day-to-day life. The invention of these apps has it easier for all as these step counter apps quantifies your activities accurately just like any other fitness gadget. Also, most of the apps mentioned below in this article make use of specially designed inbuilt sensors instead of relying on the GPS to track your walking movements.
These inbuilt sensors are basically fitness gadget embedded in your phone which will not drain your battery as the GPS does. These apps are also equipped with features that will allow you to set realistic fitness goals for yourself. The best part about these apps is that they are available for free and can be easily downloaded from the google play store.
In this article, we have mentioned the top Best Step Counter Apps for Android that will surely assist you to achieve some of your major fitness goals. So, without any further ado, let us begin to explore these Step Counter Apps.
15 Best Step Counter Apps For Android
- Pedometer – Step Counter, Weight & Calorie Tracker
- Runkeeper – GPS Track Run Walk
- Pedometer – Step Counter
- Google Fit: Health and Activity Tracking
- Step Counter – Pedometer Free & Calorie Counter
- Pedometer – Step Counter Free & Calorie Burner
- StepSetGo (SSG) – Step Earn Redeem
- Walkr: Fitness Space Adventure
- Runtastic Steps – Step Tracker & Pedometer
- Step Counter – EasyFit Pedometer
- Pedometer for walking – Step Counter
- StepsApp Pedometer & Step Counter
- Noom Walk Pedometer
- Accupedo Pedometer – Step Counter
1. Pedometer – Step Counter, Weight & Calorie Tracker
‘Pedometer – Step Counter, Weight & Calorie Tracker’ is considered to be the best Step Counter app available out there on the google play store. With this app, you can lose weight, track walk distance and calories burned. The app uses an inbuilt pedometer that will track your steps as you walk. It automatically syncs activity data to MyFitnessPal and Fitbit creating the ultimate weight loss tool and step counter app. The app also provides exercise plans for all activity levels and health goals. Moreover, you can compete in events for motivation to walk and lose weight.
Download Pedometer – Step Counter, Weight & Calorie Tracker if you haven’t already as it is one of the best step counter apps and includes some of the best features.
- A built-in pedometer tracks your steps as you walk
- Count steps, calories, distance and active time
- GPS activity tracker tracks outdoor fitness activities on a map
- Exercise plans for all activity levels and health goals
- Step by step audio and video-guided workouts
2. Runkeeper – GPS Track Run Walk
‘Runkeeper – GPS Track Run Walk’ will help track your pace, measure workout distance and chart weight loss. With this app, you can calculate your running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity in high accuracy and real-time. The best part about this app is that you can get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace and speed. You can also sync your Polar Heart Rate Monitor to track your heart rate and stay in the required heart rate zones. Also, you can add your indoor cardio and gym workouts to keep a full training log all in one place.
The app can be downloaded for free from the google play store, however, it does Offer in-app purchases.
- Find and follow pre-planned routes and map your run or walk on the go
- Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
- Run while listening to music
- Track right from your home screen with the RunKeeper Android widget
- Sync your Polar Heart Rate Monitor to track your heart rate
3. Pedometer – Step Counter
‘Pedometer – Step Counter’ will display the number of steps along with the number of calories that you have burned, distance, walking time and speed per hour. The app is very easy to use, all you have to do is touch the graph to highlight information data for a specific time or date. However, you will have to enter your age, gender, weight and step length accurately for the app to display the correct number of burned calories. Moreover, the app automatically records your steps even if you put it in your pocket or bag.
You should definitely download ‘Pedometer – Step Counter’ as you will enjoy walking with this app.
- Automatically record your steps
- It is very easy to use
- You can view a graph with the number of steps you have walked
- Highlights information data for a specific time or date
- Displays the correct distance and speed
4. Google Fit: Health and Activity Tracking
‘Google Fit: Health and Activity Tracking’ track your workouts and see real-time stats for your runs, walks, and bike rides. Based on your activity and goal progress, Google Fit will help you adjust them so you can keep challenging yourself to achieve a healthy heart and mind. Google Fit will use your Android phone’s sensors or Wear OS by Google smartwatch’s heart rate sensors to record your speed, pace, route, and more. Moreover, you can get customized tips and actionable coaching like help to adjust your goals based on your activity.
Download Google Fit: Health and Activity Tracking and see a snapshot of your activity history across Fit.
- Track your workouts from your phone or watch
- Monitor your goals
- Make all your movement count
- Get coaching that fits you
- See a snapshot of your activity history across Fit
5. Step Counter – Pedometer Free & Calorie Counter
‘Step Counter – Pedometer Free & Calorie Counter’ tracks your burned calories, walking distance and time. The app will help you save your battery as it uses the built-in sensor to count your steps. All the features are completely free and you don’t have to pay for them. The app does not ask for your personal data or share your information with third parties. Moreover, the app will stop background-refreshing statistics once you pause it.
The best part about this app is that you can back up and restore data from your Google drive and eventually keep your data safe. The app can be downloaded for free from the google play store.
- Backup & Restore Data
- You can pause and start step counting at any time to save power
- All features are 100% FREE
- Does not collect your personal data or share your information with third parties
- Can auto-record your steps even your screen is locked
Fitbit is considered to be the world’s leading app for tracking all-day activity, workouts, sleep and more. You can even track basic activity and runs on your phone and get a complete picture of your health including steps, distance, calories burned, sleep, weight, and more. Also, the app is equipped with voice prompts through which you can control your music. You can also create weight, nutrition and exercise goals, and start a food plan of your own to stay on track.
After which you can get a visual picture of your progress with colorful, easy-to-read charts and graphs. Download this app and live a healthier, more active life.
- Accurately record your steps and distance
- Use your Fitbit tracker to track your exercise
- Manage stress and see the results of your workouts
- Measure hydration
- Easy-to-read charts and graphs
7. Pedometer – Step Counter Free & Calorie Burner
‘Pedometer – Step Counter Free & Calorie Burner’ tracks your burned calories, walking distance, time and displays the information on graphs. The app makes use of an inbuilt sensor to count your step and will help you save your battery. The app does not ask for your personal data or share your information with third parties. The streak will continue if only you achieve your goal for 2 days or more. The report graphs are specially designed for mobile devices to help track their walking data. Moreover, the app will stop background-refreshing statistics once you pause it.
Download this app and adjust sensitivity to make pedometer count steps more accurately.
- Easy-to-use Pedometer
- Start a Streak to Stay Motivated
- No sign-in required
- Provide a function to separately record your active time
- All features are 100% Free
8. StepSetGo (SSG) – Step Earn Redeem
‘StepSetGo (SSG) – Step Earn Redeem’ will encourage you to walk more and with every step, you will be rewarded with 1 SSG Coin. These Coins can be further used to get products/discounts/services in the BAZAAR without spending any actual money. These SSG Coins are based on how much you walk and once you level up your daily limit will be increased. However, if you stop walking, you get leveled down and your daily limit decreases. You can also invite your friends and compete with them on a weekly Leaderboard and earn points.
The app can be downloaded for free from the google play store, however, it comes with advertisements.
- Motivate you along the journey of walking
- You earn more SSG coins per step
- Aim to win against your inner circle week after week
- Use SSG Coins to buy awesome products in the Bazaar
- You get to invite your friends
9. Walkr: Fitness Space Adventure
‘Walkr: Fitness Space Adventure’ as the name says is an adventure-based app that will encourage you to walk more. The app record daily walking steps automatically and will help you to explore the charming galaxy and reach your fitness goals. With this app, you can build your own galaxy and devise new ways to increase the population in it. You can even undertake missions to help adorable creatures across the galaxy find their homes. Moreover, it is a fun-filled app that will take you to an amazing adventure.
Download this app and jump in an epic, join a fleet and start an adventure with other captains.
- Free to play
- Build your own galaxy and devise new ways to increase the population in it
- Explore the ever-expanding, boundless universe
- Undertake missions to help adorable creatures across the galaxy find their homes
- Visit and say hello to your friends’ galaxies
10. Runtastic Steps – Step Tracker & Pedometer
Runtastic Steps will track your daily steps, walking distance, calories burned & active minutes without any extra hardware. You can also integrate the Runtastic step tracker with Google Fit. With this app, you can set daily step goals to challenge yourself in your activity tracker. If you are planning to lose your weight then you can increase your daily activity level over 12 weeks to burn calories and reach your weight goal. Moreover, the app also creates statistics that will provide you with your daily results i.e. daily, weekly and monthly so that you can set your step goals in the next time period.
You can even buy the Premium Membership in order to unlock all the Premium features.
- Free to download and use
- 30-Day Activity Boost
- Walking for Weight Loss
- Set daily step goals to challenge yourself in your activity tracker
- Get detailed weekly, monthly and yearly activity overviews to monitor your progress
11. Step Counter – EasyFit Pedometer
Step Counter – EasyFit Pedometer would be a perfect app if you want to lose your weight as it provides accurate burned calorie calculation. This app assures you 100% Privacy as it does not ask for sensitive information like your email or personal name, gender, age, etc. The app makes use of low battery usage as it comes with a special Power Save mode. Recent updates of the app include beautiful design improvements and improved usability. Moreover, the app includes 28 Motivational badges and 26 themes in order to render a colorful app experience.
You can download ‘Step Counter – EasyFit Pedometer’ for free from the google play store.
- Low battery usage
- No locked features
- 28 Motivational badges.
- 26 themes to have a colorful app experience
- Home screen widget
12. Pedometer for walking – Step Counter
‘Pedometer for walking – Step Counter’ will help make your training more productive as it can work without GPS. It comes with a weight loss program with mileage that helps lose belly fat in 30 days. The app comes with daily challenges, you can even unlock achievements and rewards for extra motivation. Moreover, this app will help you save your battery as it works without the Internet. It is considered to be the best app for beginners and professionals. It will also provide you with calorie burner count stats for the selected period.
You should try this app once as it is equipped with some amazing features.
- Can work offline and without GPS
- Jogging tracker function for a track walk
- Unlock achievements & rewards for extra motivation
- Will make training productive
- Contributes to proper blood circulation
13. StepsApp Pedometer & Step Counter
StepsApp Pedometer & Step Counter is a very easy to use app that will provide you with an overview of your daily steps, distance, time, and active calories. With this app, you can track your complete activity history such as steps, calorie count, etc. for free. It also includes customizable calendar views, line graphs, and a daily widget. Once you have reached your daily activity goal, the app will provide you with notifications regarding the same. Moreover, it supports more than 20 languages and offers GPS functionality for workout sessions.
You can even share your achievements on social media directly from this app. You should try this app once as it is equipped with some amazing features.
- Automatic step counting
- A quick overview of your daily steps, distance, time, and active calories
- Notifications when you have reached your daily activity goal
- Share your achievements on social media directly from StepsApp
- Supports more than 20 languages
14. Noom Walk Pedometer
Noom Walk Pedometer will help you achieve health and fitness goals as it automatically counts your steps. The app makes use of very little resources and works perfectly in the background. The app employs low-battery-drain sensors and smart algorithms that will seamlessly pick up your movements. The best part about this app is that it comes with a very straight forward-looking interface. Moreover, you can also connect with your friends using your Google+, Facebook, or email login.
If you are looking for an app that will help you to lose weight, then you should definitely download this app as it is specifically designed to reach your weight loss goals.
- Uses low-battery-drain sensors
- No extra weight loss devices needed
- Connect with friends using your Google+, Facebook, or email login
- Smart algorithms to seamlessly pick up your movements
- Helps you to reach your weight loss goals
15. Accupedo Pedometer – Step Counter
Accupedo is another pedometer app that will provide you with accurate results. It allows the user to adjust step count on 3 levels thereby balancing battery consumption against step count accuracy. With this app, you can monitor your steps as well as your calories burned and distance traveled. Moreover, the app makes use of a peculiar feature which is called an Intelligent 3D motion algorithm. This feature will monitor your steps only when you walk and will eliminate your non-walking activities. The app is also equipped with an integrated map system in which GPS tracks your walking, running or biking routes.
You can also save battery power by making use of the power usage mode options.
- GPS tracks your walking, running or biking routes
- Supports Google Fit health-tracking platform
- Sync with MyFitnessPal
- Share your progress with friends through Facebook, Twitter, Messenger and more
- Smart filtering and ejecting out non-walking activities including driving
What is the best step counter app for Android?
With the help of Pedometer – Step Counter, Weight & Calorie Tracker, you can track your step, walking and weight loss.
This was our list of 15 Best Step Counter Apps For Android that will definitely help you to achieve your fitness goals. All of the above-mentioned apps come with some amazing features and will help you to track all your major activities such as steps and distance, calories burnt and time spent. All of these step counter apps are best in their own way, you can choose the apps based on your fitness requirements. Also, the majority of these apps come with an inbuilt sensor thereby saving your phone battery to a great extent.
If you found this article informative, then don’t forget to share it with your friends. Also, feel free to comment down below if you have any doubts related to this article.